Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful do-it-yourselfers for Chapter 7

Hi There,

So I am about $75k in debt, own a condo that has a notice of default and cant afford a layer. My wife and I are prepared to lose the house (that is about $150k upside down) and thank God we just got approved for a rental. We need to keep our cars, she has great credit and mine is just shot. We live in CA BTW.

My parents filed for BK about 12 yrs ago and they swear up and down that a lawyer is a big fat waste of money, they successfully filed by paying a paralegal back before the laws have changed. And they are suggesting the paralegal option for us as well.

Id like to see how many people have filed successfully without a lawyer, hear their success stories what they did and how they managed.

Thanks!

Just check out the "pro se" section of this forum (and here too). There are a great number of successful pro se filers.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X