Transcript of 341 hearing yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
    You should look for private owner of apt or house. Forget the large property owners or mgmt cos. Small investors (like me) will be way more understanding of your situation, and cut you some slack.
    Yeah I'm looking. I'm applying for a place tomorrow. The property managers initially tell me that they'll work with me after I let them know that I have a bankruptcy but I've been turned down when faced with competition from other applicants. Wish me luck for the one tomorrow. I'll keep looking for the private owners too.

the reason why I'm rushed to find a place is because my mortgage company asked for a life of stay hearing (which is on 4/8) and are asking the court to completely waive the normal 14 or 28 day period that we should be given to respond. It's possible that the court may grant this to them and then they can foreclose on me as soon as the very next day after the hearing! I just found this out last week so I'm rushed to find a place just in case. Of course, my attorney is going to try to fight it and even better try to stipulate them giving me 3 weeks but we don't know if they are going to agree to that so I have to plan anyway. My attorney says the judge here usually grants the lift of stays that are requested but I don't know if he'll grant a rushed one. It's all up in the air and I'll feel better when I have a place to live for sure.

Originally posted by music12 View Post
    that's so funny! thanx for putting a smile on my face and 'grats.
    You're welcome!
    Chapter 7 Filed: 2/24/10
    341 Meeting: 3/23/10
    Deadline for Objections: 5/24/10
    Discharged and closed: 5/29/10

Comment

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
      About 60 days after the 341 meeting for disch, so about 100-120 days in total, if no asset case with no snags.
      Really? I asked my attorney about this yesterday and he said 180 days in total. This was very disappointing to hear. I was really hoping to be done with this by next week but considering what my attny said it won't be over until August (assuming there are no snags). I haven't had any snags yet so we'll see.

Comment

Discharged and closed back on 5/29/10 without a kink!

This was the best thing I've ever done.

Oh and FYI, they foreclosed two months after the discharge. Apparently, they do not foreclose before the BK has been discharged. That way there is no confusion.

Everything else has gone really smoothly. I found a place to rent that's better than the house they foreclosed on. lol Got moved in in time, and life is going just as it normally was now, except that I am now free from a ton of debt. It's such a relief.
        Last edited by srjth; 08-12-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X