Transcript of 341 hearing yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transcript of 341 hearing yesterday

For those who are interested, I thought I'd tell what my hearing was like yesterday. First off, it went very smoothly and was very easy.

-Trustee: (Calls my name after looking at my papers for a few minutes)
    My attorney and I go up to the front of the room and sit at the trustees desk
    -Trustee to my attorney: I don't have taxes for this case.
    -My attorney: I emailed them to you but you told me send them in the mail instead, and I did send them.
    -Trustee: Well, I don't have them.
    -My attorney: I mailed a copy to you.
    -Trustee: I didn't get them.
    -My attorney: I have a copy here with me. (hands them over to the trustee)
    (Trustee looks them over and can't read them, apparently)
    -Trustee: This is an IRS transcript, I'm not used to seeing these.
    -Trustee to me: Are these numbers in thousands or millions?
    -Me: (looking like wtf and chuckling) They are definitely not in millions.
    -Trustee: (Laughs)
    -Trustee: Okay, lets swear you in (takes my ID and SS card and swears me in).
    -Trustee to me: Have you read all of the documents pertaining to this case?
    -Me: Yes I have.
    -Trustee: Is everything in these documents true to the best of your knowledge?
    -Me: Yes.
    -Trustee: Okay, I have no further questions. Thank you.

(My attorney and I get up and leave)

It lasted a total of 3 minutes.

Chapter 7 Filed: 2/24/10
    341 Meeting: 3/23/10
    Deadline for Objections: 5/24/10
    Discharged and closed: 5/29/10

Your attorney must be well respected!

Welcome to the Sixty Day Club!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Your attorney must be well respected!
      Actually, no, he just got out of law school. The meeting was at the end of a long day and I think the Trustee was just tired.

Welcome to the Sixty Day Club!
      Thank you!

BTW, I am above the median but I have a lot of debt so we'll see how this goes.

Comment

Congratulations! Definitely keep us posted! We are over the median too, so I'd love to hear what happens now for you
        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
        Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
        Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Congrats!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congratulations!
            North Carolina

Comment

srjth, if you don't mind me asking... how much above the median (monthly) were you? I'm above and really worried.
              08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
              04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
              06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
              08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

congrats,,mine is tomorrow and now I am getting nervous.hope it will go as smooth as yours!

Comment

Originally posted by srjth View Post
                  Actually, no, (not well respected) he just got out of law school. The meeting was at the end of a long day and I think the Trustee was just tired.
                  I believe that your Atty did a great job here... the fact that he is young and didn't just pee down his leg, but held some ground here, means more than you might know. It will go a long way toward the TT not asking for additional docs, etc... seeing that your young Atty wasn't a push over.

So, your Atty will be well respected, if he isn't just yet. Congrats on getting this behind you.

The funniest part to me was, the TT not being used to seeing an IRS transcript; duh. Pretty lame statement, if you ask me.

Comment

Trustee to me: Are these numbers in thousands or millions?

That was funny. Thanks for the rundown on your 341. Hope the next 60 days fly by !
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Contacted Lawyer October 2009~Filled out Chapter 7 Petition January 2010 ~Credit Counseling Jan 2010
                    Have yet to file Chapter 7

Comment

Thank you everyone for the support! It really helps.

Originally posted by Ann View Post
                      srjth, if you don't mind me asking... how much above the median (monthly) were you? I'm above and really worried.
                      I'm about $2000 over the median. I have a lot of debt so my attny doesn't think it'll be a problem at all. I know what you mean about being worried though. I don't think I'll be able to fully relax until it gets discharged.

Originally posted by Mensa1 View Post
                      I believe that your Atty did a great job here... the fact that he is young and didn't just pee down his leg, but held some ground here, means more than you might know. It will go a long way toward the TT not asking for additional docs, etc... seeing that your young Atty wasn't a push over.

So, your Atty will be well respected, if he isn't just yet. Congrats on getting this behind you.

The funniest part to me was, the TT not being used to seeing an IRS transcript; duh. Pretty lame statement, if you ask me.
                      Thank you. I really like my attorney. He's straight to the point and doesn't BS me like so many other attorney's I've dealt with do. I hope he does well too. It was funny when the Trustee tried to say that he had not received my taxes in the mail. My attorney had a copy of them stamped "Certified mail". Thank God he brought them cause I surely didn't have a copy on me. He said that he's emailed taxes and other documents to the TT many times before but this is the first time he told him to send them in the mail. It was at that point that my attrny said he anticipated that the TT would say that he lost them. Good thing he was on the ball!

Originally posted by Coldplay View Post
                      Trustee to me: Are these numbers in thousands or millions?

That was funny. Thanks for the rundown on your 341. Hope the next 60 days fly by !
                      I know, right? Hilarious. lol
                      Thanks for the encouragement. I hope the next 60 days fly by for me too. I'm already stressed because I'm looking for a place to rent (rushed foreclosure, long story) and all these places are turning me down for having an open bankruptcy on my credit. They said if it had been discharged it would be another story. I need to find a place who'll accept me in 2 weeks.

I hope everything goes smoothy for everyone else's 341 and 60 day wait!

Comment

I'm already stressed because I'm looking for a place to rent (rushed foreclosure, long story) and all these places are turning me down for having an open bankruptcy on my credit. They said if it had been discharged it would be another story. I need to find a place who'll accept me in 2 weeks.
                        You should look for private owner of apt or house. Forget the large property owners or mgmt cos. Small investors (like me) will be way more understanding of your situation, and cut you some slack.

Comment

that's so funny! thanx for putting a smile on my face and 'grats.
                          filed ch7 May 09
                          341 june 09
                          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I know, right? Hilarious. lol
                            Thanks for the encouragement. I hope the next 60 days fly by for me too. I'm already stressed because I'm looking for a place to rent (rushed foreclosure, long story) and all these places are turning me down for having an open bankruptcy on my credit. They said if it had been discharged it would be another story. I need to find a place who'll accept me in 2 weeks.

I hope everything goes smoothy for everyone else's 341 and 60 day wait!
                            Yikes ! We have even't filed yet. Does the BK usually get discharged after the 60 days ?
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Contacted Lawyer October 2009~Filled out Chapter 7 Petition January 2010 ~Credit Counseling Jan 2010
                            Have yet to file Chapter 7

Comment

Originally posted by Coldplay View Post
                              Yikes ! We have even't filed yet. Does the BK usually get discharged after the 60 days ?
                              About 60 days after the 341 meeting for disch, so about 100-120 days in total, if no asset case with no snags.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X