This seems to be totally immoral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be totally immoral

I just filed Chapter 7 3/15 Things seem to be going OK, have 314 date, etc.

I get a letter today, the return address says
    The Fair Credit Reporting Act

give and address in Detroit

I think, great, some info on how to deal with the couple of debt collectors that still have their autodialers calling each day.

I open the letter, and it is from Berger Chevrolet. Tells me that I am part of a select group of people that just filed for bankruptcy that can get a special loan package, even before discharge. One of the lines says "and get in the Fast Track to financial freedom.

This is bullshit.

First, wouldn't taking out a loan during bankruptcy be frowned on by the court, unless it was an emergency?

Second, I don't look at financial freedom as being laden with debt. Been there, done that. I'm totally wiped out (hence Ch7) but hopefully in 3 onths this is behind me, and I rebuild. And stay out of debt.

Note that no where on the letter do they say that if you're without a vehicel, can't get to work, etc. don't despair, they can help get you in a car. it's all about take out a new loan and be free.

Get used to it, you will receive lots more of those offers.
    They have a garbage can in the post office and most of the mail hits that receptacle before I walk out the door.
    Knowing that this was going to be the case, I initiated a special PO Box prior to filing, so that type of mail is isolated to that PO Box.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinnnp View Post
      I just filed Chapter 7 3/15 Things seem to be going OK, have 314 date, etc.

I get a letter today, the return address says
      The Fair Credit Reporting Act

give and address in Detroit

I think, great, some info on how to deal with the couple of debt collectors that still have their autodialers calling each day.

I open the letter, and it is from Berger Chevrolet. Tells me that I am part of a select group of people that just filed for bankruptcy that can get a special loan package, even before discharge. One of the lines says "and get in the Fast Track to financial freedom.

This is bullshit.

First, wouldn't taking out a loan during bankruptcy be frowned on by the court, unless it was an emergency?

Second, I don't look at financial freedom as being laden with debt. Been there, done that. I'm totally wiped out (hence Ch7) but hopefully in 3 onths this is behind me, and I rebuild. And stay out of debt.

Note that no where on the letter do they say that if you're without a vehicel, can't get to work, etc. don't despair, they can help get you in a car. it's all about take out a new loan and be free.
      I got a whole big stack of those...I see ya a Burt Chevrolet and I'll raise ya a Miller Nissan....

Comment

Yeah... we just filed on the 17th and got two of those very same kind of letters today in the mail! They do not waste any time!
        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
        Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
        Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Actually...for anybody that's interested....I found a nice 1996 Ford bronco at one of those "mom and pop" lots just down the road from me and I've been tossing money towards this car as I have it (about 350 a month - the car is about a third paid off) while I wait for Wachovia Dealer Services to come claim their property that I'm driving....after that, the 'dealer' said he'll do 'in house financing' for me...

I'm still driving the car I'm upside down in....I was discharged 03/05/2010....I have not heard a peep from these folks....I'm sure not storing anything in the car....and I don't keep more than half a tank of gas in it....I'm guessing they're just not real excited about a white, base model, 2 door Ford Exploder....

I'm seriously excited about the Bronco though...it's like I have to kiss it everytime I go visit it....the guy at the lot thinks I'm nutz. This baby has about 140 thousand miles on it...but somebody took good care of it. There is no body rust, the engine purrs, clutch is nice and tight, no slippage...I just gotta get used to the lift kit somebody put in this thing. I have to step up with both feet on the nerf bar just to get into this baby!

Comment

Just wait until your discharge...your BK filing is public information and is available to anyone. Creditors, auto dealerships, etc. will send you all sorts of stuff, most laden with high fees and high interest rates. We even received cruise brochures which we never received previously in the mail. One bad thing is that your information goes out there in the black hole of mailing addresses and it gets listed in those that have filed bankruptcy. We were discharged August 2006 and still receive letters directed to us as being past bankruptcy filers and that we may be interested in their offers. It never really goes away....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

After bk, you're a good safe bet for the next 7 or 8 years. You can't file again, so they want to milk every ounce of blood out of your body.
              All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
              Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

They definitely don't waste time; however, they waste plenty of paper. My best advice...invest in a quality shredder.
                *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X