Finally Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Closed

Well, it's been awhile since I have posted here, but I have updated my signature to include my close date of 3/23/10.

The reason that I am doing this is so that those of you who are possibly at the beginning or in the middle of this process can see the progression of my case and hopefully add to your knowledge and give you some confidence that it will be over at some point.

The other reason that I am posting an update is that it is important to know that a friendly call to the court administrator will sometimes help the process along when it comes to fully closing the case. What I have been doing is watching PACER for progress and I noticed that the case was still open and not closed even though everything has been done. I called the court administrator to ask in an extremely friendly manner what was going on. It turns out that they had received notice of closure, however, they overlooked updating the file and promptly updated and closed it while I was on the phone.

It never hurts to ask and a little sugar goes a long ways. Good luck to those of you who are currently on this journey.
    Filed C7: 12/16/08; 341 Meeting: 1/22/09
    Last Day for Objections: 3/23/09 (No Objections)
    Discharged: 4/3/09
    Closed: 3/23/10

Very nice and very diligent on your part. Thanks for sharing and reminding us that sometimes you need to "poke" the powers that be.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh yes, I agree. We were open for such a long time, then we called. Told they did not have a copy of our marriage certificate. (We use two different names) so I sent one to my lawyer by email and within two hours, discharged.

Remember, those are only clerical people and not lawyers. Also it is an input operator that plugs stuff into the PACER. The workload of course is getting worse.

Great news for all. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Good News
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X