top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Common is it for Creditors to wait until the "last minute" to file objections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Common is it for Creditors to wait until the "last minute" to file objections?

Just wondering if anyone has any input here? I am on day 20 and don't believe any creditors have any legitimate reason to object, but of course you think about these things as you wait and wait. So is it common to get to day 59 and have creditors slap objections on you (or very late in the 60 days)? Just wondering....
    Bobby

The big question is "how common is it for creditors to file objections". Period.

Not common at all.........

It's only common when it's personal or a small business. They might file. The big guys? Not likely at all unless you have done some really dumb things.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

As stated by frogger, creditors usually don't even bother to complain. Besides, you'll usually know well beforehand because they will usually send you a letter by the time of your 341 Meeting indicating that they are "considering" filing a complaint.

I would not even worry. The only entity that seems to wait until the last minute to "file" something is the United States Trustee (UST). However, they usually have already let you and your attorney know of their intentions before or at the 341 Meeting.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks a lot! I know I really have nothing to worry about, but the wait just gets really old sometimes, but certainly allows for a lot of much-needed reflective time.

Comment

Tell me about it! 53 more days and counting.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Tell me about it! 53 more days and counting.
            Justbroke, If you don't mind sharing, how did your 341 go? Did you have any issues with your house being considered non-consumer debt?

Good Luck!
            Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
            Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
            341 - 2/12/2010
            Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
              Justbroke, If you don't mind sharing, how did your 341 go? Did you have any issues with your house being considered non-consumer debt?
              I was asked 3 questions. I was told that since I was a converted case, there wasn't much to ask. Now, the UST didn't show up and I haven't heard from the UST. So... I don't know anything.

The silence is driving me crazy.

Comment

Nevermind, I found your posts in the Pro se forum.

Congrats on the "no asset" report
                Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
                Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
                341 - 2/12/2010
                Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X