anyone get one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone get one of these?

Got a postcard from Metlife C/O Safeguard Properties asking me to contact their "Special Operator" at 800-526-0459 to confirm I still live in my house. It said Safeguard was conducting a monthly audit on behalf of Metlife.

I know that Safeguard is a property preservation company but why would Metlife hire them before the house is theirs?

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
    I know that Safeguard is a property preservation company but why would Metlife hire them before the house is theirs?
    Read your Mortgage. Just about every single mortgage has one or more "preservation" clauses which entitled the Mortgage/Note holder, whoever that is, to take steps to preserve the property by any means necessary. Abandonment is very risky for a lender, and is why they will continue to check.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I got a knock on my door at the end of February---to find a guy who
      introduced himself as working for WF---and needing to make sure the
      property was occupied---which it is---and then I got an envelop in my
      door at the end of March---since I wasn't home---asking to confirm it again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X