BofA mortgage after Ch7 Filing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BofA mortgage after Ch7 Filing...

It's only been two days but now I can't access payment via bofa site. Is this normal because it seems pretty fast for them to know?
    Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
    Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
    341 Meeting: 5/19/10
    Discharged: 7/26/10

It's possible, they get an electronic feed from Bankruptcy Notification Center.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yes, they have already shut off your access.

They, and other lenders, will have an entirely different department that handles payments while you are in BK, probably with a different address as well. I don't know if you will even be able to pay online while in BK.

You should call them and inquire about this.
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Exactly what catleg wrote. They subscribe to the EBN/BNC (Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing / Bankruptcy Noticing Center). I personally know that the next day after filing, one of my Banks had closed my line of credit, even though I listed not one account from that bank.

Yes, it is pretty normal for a "sophisticated" creditor to know within 24-48 hours.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Everyone who replied is correct. I have BOA Mortgage. Tried to access it online and nothing. Called their customer (under)support and they advised that while you're in BK, you cannot access normal features online. Also, if you have to send a payment, they have a special address as well.
          03/03/10 Filed CH7
          04/09/10 341 Meeting

Comment

ahh ok, well I know they don't reaffirm but I'm up to date so nothing to worry about. Thanks gusy!
            Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
            Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
            341 Meeting: 5/19/10
            Discharged: 7/26/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X