top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you DISCHARGED, how long was it after 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you DISCHARGED, how long was it after 341?

Just wondering as I know courts are very backed up by now. In my district (middle Florida) it seems to be around 30 days (with some exceptions, of course) after the 60 day period for a total of 90 days since the 341. This is how many days I was told to wait to expect discharge--a total of 90.

It would be interesting if folks who have been discharged in different areas shared this information. I think it would also help those who are just joining the forum who think (probably mistakenly) that on day 61 they will automatically see "Discharged" on Pacer.

I am officially about halfway through the 60 day club and it is chugging along, sometimes quickly, sometimes agonizingly slow....

So, how long did it take YOU to receive your discharge after your 341? Also, if you could give your general region that would be interesting as well.
    Thanks for those who choose to share,
    Bobby

My discharge came on day 61. Closed a few days later. Western Dist of WA.
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Wow, that is textbook fast. If only we could all be so lucky. Are there statistically many cases filed in your area of WA? Just wondering if this was the reason for the expediency.

Comment

My lawyer told me that (creditor objections notwithstanding) I would be discharged on the 61st day after the 341(a) meeting.

Comment

In which state are you located?

Comment

I will be interested to see hopefully a lot of people post in this thread. I know last week alone we had a LARGE number of discharges on here.

Comment

341 on 12-9-09 and discharge on 2-10-10. In San Diego it takes a bit to get the 341 meeting but then everything goes smoothly after that.

Comment

63 days is fantastic. Is your case closed as well, or are you still waiting on that administrative step?

Comment

Closed about one week later. I learned on this forum that the discharged date was the most important and that the closed date is just the formality.

Comment

Yes, that is what I have heard too, that it is just an administrative finality to one's case. But I know a lot of people just can't seem to rest easy until they see "closed"....I will be happy just to see "DISCHARGED!"

Comment

Still waiting, but according to the last info on pacer, it will happen by May 15.
                      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Mine was only about a year. Two years in all more/less. Asset case with many complication due to ignorance on my part and a very bad lawyer. 'Hub
                        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

i got my discharge on the 61st day and closed on the 64th day.
                          This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

It varies by state/district. See my signature. It took a week for my case to be discharged and then another week for it to be closed.
                            Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                            Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

The real key is actually waiting for the 60 days to elapse and your last date to file a complaint to determine dischargeability has passed. That's the 60 days. The actual "entry" of the discharge order is administrative.

Yes, some Districts use the "autodischarge" feature of PACER and it will promptly, on Day 61 discharge the case. Some Districts don't like that feature and want to do it manually for some reason.

Suffice it to say that passing the 60 days itself, is the most important thing.
                              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X