top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will our entire BK case be available for viewing on Pacer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will our entire BK case be available for viewing on Pacer?

Does anyone know how long our ENTIRE BK case (letters, mailing matrix, etc....) be available for public viewing? We just got our 341 date, so I'm confident it will be available until after discharged, but was wondering if any of you knew for sure?
    (FYI-I looked at a friends who filed 10 yrs. ago & only their basic info is showing now)

Forever. Some Districts, however, restrict access to the Claims once the case has closed. This is for privacy concerns. However, the rest of the docket is public information.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Forever. Some Districts, however, restrict access to the Claims once the case has closed. This is for privacy concerns. However, the rest of the docket is public information.
      How would I find out what districts restrict the access when closed? (friend was in a different state)

Comment

Originally posted by awnmwn View Post
        How would I find out what districts restrict the access when closed? (friend was in a different state)
        That's a local decision and there is no easy way to tell, short of calling the exact District and asking them.

Be aware that in those Districts, they only restrict access to the "claims" registry. The entire case, docket, documents, motions, etc, are all still public record and accessible via PACER (CM/ECF)... forever.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X