Having 2nd thoughts about filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having 2nd thoughts about filing

So it is the night before I scheduled myself to file for BK and I am thinking that perhaps not. I finally got a tenant to rent one of my rentals which had not produced any income since January and had to pay lots of money to get it ready for rental. My other rental rented last month so this month I get my first check from that house to pay the mortgage. I am running 2 months behind on those 2 mortgages and maybe a few weeks on the credit cards.

Seems like my crisis is about to get ok, but my credit is ruined and with being self-employed, business is up and down. I have 2 second mortgages that I can eliminate in BK and later settle for less and $50,000 in cc's from fixing houses and business being slow at times.

I dont know if I should just now count my blessings that I have tenants to pay the mortgages and then just continue to pay my accounts or just file BK and start all over. I can get rid of $100,000 in 2nd mortgages and $50,000 in cc's with the BK.

Having the hardest time trying to decide. I do make a decent income, but things can also get slow and when I lose my tenants, its expensive. Just wish I never got into the landlord business, it has ruined me financially.

Did you guys have 2nd thoughts about filing?

I was thinking of filing tomorrow Friday, now I am thinking Monday. They are about to file default on me since its going on the 3rd month, but I dont have the money yet from my tenants, not even deposits yet they are in the application process but they seem like good prospects.

Thanks everyone.

It is debtors guilt, you are beyond clawing back this debt, free yourself now.

Comment

Can you truly say you can get yourself out of all the debt you are in in five years? If not, it's time to put the denial and the procrastination on the back burner and face reality.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I do relate to your landlording situation.

I was one for about 10 years, but quite awhile ago.
        I found it never gets stable. Every time the economy took a swan dive, I was fighting to find tenants or fighting to get them to pay...always stressful. At the time I also didn't have the CC debt you have (or the second loans). At least for me that would have just intensified the pressure. ...Just getting rid of the seconds should improve your rental cash flow as well.

Comment

Of course only You can make the final descion! But if you think it will get better, then it can get worse also. The indescion is understandable...........I was there also. But if your "gambling" in that you can get out of the hole, well it is just, that its is a gamble. Is that risk worth the headaches heartaches and your financial future? It is better to bet on a sure thing!
          You win it is all good, but you lose and well you know the answer to that as well. BK is a big big step for sure. But it is also a step to regain control of your finances and your life. Good Luck

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X