Had to amend income attorney messed up now BA wants more documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to amend income attorney messed up now BA wants more documents

341 meeting on 04/07-8days later BA says needs bankstatements and taxes. Amended income attorney messed up-on 04/19-Haven't heard anything-Has anyone had this experience? Does this mean he will probably dismiss our chapter 7?

You need to get hold of your attorney asap. Call and make an appointment for this week. Sit in his/her office if you have to. (Or have you fired your attorney because of the mistake and are now going pro se (without a lawyer)?

The easiest place to see what's going on with your case is to check PACER. There is a very informative forum sticky that discusses PACER at http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=1011

Also here's a link to the PACER website homepage http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/ and here's the answers to all the frequently asked questions about PACER - http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/faq.html

Hope everything works out in your favor.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Met with Attorney

She says that it is our fault for not checking the numbers good enough when she sent them to us. We didn't want to lose all the money we had already paid so we are sticking it out. We signed and paid for 2 reaffirmations today, she said we had to even though we didn't have any word yet from the BA. I don't know what to think. She says he has until the 16th to decide, but because we had our 341 on the 7th our time is up for reaffirmations. We are also worried because my husband is a sales rep and has to have travel money every week so when we sent bank statements we tryed to explain that, as he has to wait to get reimbursed on his paychecks. This is so hard to live through. My husband's income has dropped $30,000 in a year and doesn't look like it will get any better soon. Thanks for the PACER info I appreciate it!

Comment

Pardon me---what is a BA?

Comment

bankruptcy administrator-

Comment

What do you mean you "paid" for two reaffirmations? Do they charge you to reaffirm?
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

reaffirmations

Our attorney charged 250 each-for our 2 cars. She said that all attorney's charge for them now after the laws changed because they are so time consuming. Now we have paid because she said our "protective" time would be up (30 days from 341 mtg) eveb=n though by next week the bankruptcy administrator may dismiss our case!! She said the lenders would repo them otherwise. It's driving me crazy-we are still waiting after amendment of schedule I and turning in all the other documents the Administrator wanted. I don't know what we will will do if he dimisses us as our only option would be to deplete our 401k and hope all the cc companies will take 50%...

Comment

I don't know your district, but my attorney either did not charge for the reaffirmation I signed OR he included it in the upfront fee. I only paid him one fee and he did not charge anything afterward.

I suspect that different attorney's have different methods for billing.

As to the 30 days after your 341 for a reaffirmation, that sounds like a local rule. If your schedules are incorrect, get with your attorney now. Don't let the attorney or the paralegal jerk you around. You are responsible for the information in the petition. Contact the attorney right away to get all of the information corrected. If they have the information and are dragging their feet for correcting it, I would go right to the attorney's office and wait there until they get it done. Ultimately we (as the debtor) pay the price if the attorney makes an error. Don't let your attorney slide.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X