How long til closing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long til closing??

i am an asset case that was discharged smoothly, Dec 12 2009. I have heard NOTHING since then, except i got a demand letter for $27,000 from the trustee for my tax return. I sent it the next day. Nothing has been submitted to PACER since early January, but case is not closed. Anyone know when this thing gets closed, and the process?
    Filed Aug 28 2009
    341 Oct 2 2009-Asset Case
    Discharged Dec 16 2009
    Waiting for tax return and asset buy back to close

Don't worry about the closing. It's administrative and can take months... even 12 or more months. The Trustee has to fully administer the case. It takes at least 90-120 days AFTER the Trustee has sent checks out to the creditors before they are going to close the case.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just got my letter april 30th to close the case for my discharge from July 2009

Comment

Closing can take quite awhile in an asset case. Here is a link to another thread where I talk about the closing process in my asset case. Basically the trustee has to turn all your assets into cash, fill out a matrix of payment to creditors determining who gets what of that cash, wait for a period of time for the creditors to object, then fill out a final report. Once the final report is filled out by the trustee, the cash from your assets is transferred to a court payment account and the creditor's are cut checks. The creditors have 90 days to cash those checks. Your case cannot close until all checks are cashed. Any uncashed checks go back into a pool for redistribution to your remaining creditors after the 90 days passes, etc... But once the trustee has filled out a final report, then you are truly just waiting for the checks to clear.

Here is the link to the other thread.

You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X