top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this has been asked before but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this has been asked before but...

I have yet to see a direct answer. The question is....will becoming employed before your 341 effect the outcome?
    My 341 is May 20th. My husband got a job April 12th but it still kept us below the line. Now I got a job that I start this Monday. Which is great! BUT...I believe it puts us above the amount we are allowed to make. He is making $12/hr and I am making $11/hr. I emailed my paralegal but she had already gone home for the day.

If you received an inheritance, hit the lottery, etc. during this time, you would need to report it. You need to report your new job and new income to your attorney together with your spouses job and new income. Do not hide it.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      If you received an inheritance, hit the lottery, etc. during this time, you would need to report it. You need to report your new job and new income to your attorney together with your spouses job and new income. Do not hide it.

You must have missed my last sentence. I have already emailed my paralegal about it. I never said anything about hiding it.

Comment

Just after we filed on April 28, I was called in for a second interview...I have been out of work for almost a year. I asked our attorney what would happen if I was actually hired before our 341. Our attorney responded immediately, telling us that the filing date is a "snapshot" of our financial situation and that once that "snapshot" is taken, I am free to accept a job, my husband to accept overtime...no problem. We are Chapter 7, btw.

Comment

Thats good to know. Thanks!

Comment

We were pretty much told the same thing. My husband filed alone. I was a stay-at-home mom. A week before the 341, I was offered a job and was worried about taking it. It pushes us way over the median. My attorney said, "Yes, take it - there is absolutely no reason not to." So, I did!
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
            Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

So you took it and the trustee didn't have a problem with it? This is what happened with me, I started my job Monday and our 341 is next week!

Comment

The trustee didn't ask anything about our financial situation since filing so that information hasn't been provided... but now we're being scrutinized for presumed abuse, so I don't know what'll happen next!
                Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Do you know the reason why they are presuming abuse?

Comment

Yep, were claiming my debts and my mom (she lives with us) as stuff we pay out every month. Plus, we're over the median by 2K. They apparently think we don't pass the means test, but we do. We have to get the BA a bunch of stuff by the 18th and then we'll see what happens next.
                    Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                    Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

That sucks I really hope my new job doesn't mess us up.

Comment

I dont think that will be a problem.. Trustee normally look at the docs that was filed so that was before you get a job. and when u go there they dont ask things like that. they just ask why u filing bk and if everything on the schedules was true and was reviewed by you.

Comment

I agree with cafiler and they didn't file a presumption of abuse b/c I got a job.
                          Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                          Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X