Can I mail it myself??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I mail it myself??

The attorney will NOT get in touch with us to tell us if they have everything they need to mail to the BA. I've begged them to call me at work. I've called 2-3 times a day and it's always the same thing, "They're in a meeting." It is all due by the 18th!! I'm freaking out. Can I just mail everything myself??? I mean, what exactly would the attorney be mailing that is different than what the letter we received in the mail says to send them??

They want 12 months of bank statements up to file date.
    6 months of pay stubs up to file date.
    Documentation of mother-in-laws bills that we pay.
    Documentation of bills we pay for me (non-filing, non-income spouse).

That's all they want... the attorney's assistant asked me to make a spreadsheet specifically noting all the transactions for my stuff and mother-in-law's stuff, her medical diagnoses, physicians, and prescriptions. I did that, but they won't tell me if it's good enough!!

So, can I just package all this up and mail it myself?
    Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
    Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
    Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
    Discharged 06/23/10

Here is what I would do and yes I did fire my lawyer: Go there to the lawyer office. Announce yourself and that you WILL NOT LEAVE before you see him and only if they arrest you for trespassing and you will then call the newspaper, then file a complaint to the bar association.

It is time now to get tough. Too many times have I heard this. You are a customer, but more than that, he is YOUR employee.

I would in a most business like tone, tell him, if he cannot find time for your case, transfer to an assistant or refund your full amount of funds as he has not met his contractual obligation.

I had the same thing happening and after I made a Motion to go pro se' and caused my bad lawyer a day of work in hearing, the Judge told us, why not let it go, as we were actually through with the case and were about to be discharged. Well at least it got her attention and I'll bet she helps her clients out a bit better than she did us. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

The same thing happened to me. I ended up firing my lawyer and hired another one. I called for 6 weeks straight and got no one called me back. I finally said I want my money back and no longer need your service.
      Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
      341 meeting on 5/28/2010
      Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

If we don't get this stuff in by the 18th, won't they dismiss our case? I seriously doubt ny husband will do it. He just doesn't seem to get it. I don't know - he's not an aggressive person. He seems to think that everything is just going to be okay... meanwhile I am the one doing everything and the one freaking out trying to make sure it's all done. I'm worried it's too late to fire/hire an attorney.

If my husband doesn't go by there tomorrow, I will ask my boss to let me leave work early so I can take care of it. My boss knows what is going on.

I haven't been this angry with people in a LONG time. I've emailed her my work number FOUR times and left her three messages with my work number!! What does she do? She calls my house when she knows no one is here!! She doesn't leave a message. And when I return her calls, she's too busy. GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

I always like to tell people to go sit in the attorney's office ALL DAY until s/he shows up. Better yet, if you know s/he is in Court one day, show up at Court. Make sure all the other attorneys hear what you have to say!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I've definitely got to do something! I'm so sick to my stomach over all this. It'd be nice to know the attorney and his team had our backs!!! They've been good up until the point when the BA actually informed of us why he filed the presumed abuse and what he wanted.
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Nc

I was allowed to fax everything straight to the Bankruptcy Administrator's assistant. All else fails you may want to call down there and ask if you can fax or bring your documents in as your attorney has been unvailable to you. I understand you freaking out, but if you have everything together -make a copy to keep for yourself and send the attorney. It's a ton of paper I know!!! Just call first and find out which is the best way to get the information to them. I sent it all to my attorney and to them. Let me know how it goes!!! I'm thinking of you!! I'm still sweating out hearing what's next--

Comment

I would call the BK courts and figure out if they have received it and what do you need to do since your lawyer has not contacted you back. That way you have some understanding of what is going on. Do you have a 341 meeting scheduled yet?

I did not and will not stand someone doing this to me. I would fire them in a heartbeat, hire a new lawyer, and have them represent you. It is not worth all the stress you are going through. BK is stressful enough and having a lawyer that refuses to call you back after repeated phone calls is not helping the situation.

You might want to ask the BK court what you need to do about hiring a new lawyer and if they can extend when the 341 meeting is if you seek a new attorney. I would list all the times you contacted your attorney and explain you have no idea whether they are going to even show up at the 341 meeting and have not notified you on what to do about anything. Maybe that will get some heads turning and give you some time to get the new attorney hired.
                Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
                341 meeting on 5/28/2010
                Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

That's why you need to make sure to get references first. They only care about money not about representing you. My current lawyer called me back same day but at 10:30 at night. At least he calls back.
                  Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X