Everything is coming together. WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is coming together. WOW

We got our credit counseling done today. Whew, I was so worried that I would be drilled. I just found out that we got approved for a house to rent that we absolutely love, plus the rent is a little lower than what we were willing to spend. HUGE blessing. The new rent will help us big time with our expenses on our petition, because right now we are just paying a living contribution to the in laws of 500 a month and when you look at that amount, it puts our dmi in the positive by too much. We are going to go sign the lease on Wednesday and pay our deposit and first months rent for July. Then all of our paperwork is getting sent over night to the lawyer, first thing after signing the lease. I know all of this stuff may sound petty but if you only knew how much I have been stressing about every little detail. It feels like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders, with just these few things going on. We have been so blessed.

congrats on the rental. I'm still trying to find a place but seems nobody wants to rent to me. Got an agent working on it.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
      congrats on the rental. I'm still trying to find a place but seems nobody wants to rent to me. Got an agent working on it.
      Don't worry something will come along. We just kept it in prayer, and trusted that God would open something up. We saw some REAL dumps that we could have taken, and I wasn't about to get myself in a worse situation. It's funny our bankruptcy wasn't even an issue with most places. Our biggest reason for getting turned down at other places was we have 3 kids versus the other applicants who only have 2.

Comment

We just signed a lease for a rental house this past weekend and I am so relieved. We have been looking for the last couple of months, and for us, it wasn't the BK either. It was because we have a family of 8 (multiple generations). I don't understand what size family these landlords think will be looking for a 5 bedroom house.

I am so grateful to our new landlord for giving us a chance. I'm very excited to be renting a beautiful house that is 2 1/2 times the size of our current home (1,000 sq ft) that we are giving back to the bank. I can't wait to move and get settled in.

It wasn't our first choice of location, but I figure God's plans are for us to be in that area for now. Don't give up hope.
        Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
        Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
        341 Done - Middle of May 2010
        Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

Norcal~What an awesome blessing. I am so happy for you guys. I bet that was a huge weight off your shoulders. You definitely can't give up.
          I do notice that the upside of the economy being so bad is that people aren't shocked and horrified when you tell them you are claiming bk. We have been told numerous times that they would rather have a tenant like us, because they know that once we claim the bk, we will be on top of paying everything on time.

Comment

I just moved as well. I went after newspaper listings and signs people had out. I had a few people willing to rent to me, without even asking about credit. All they cared about was having a deposit and 1st month rent. It was actually much easier than I expected. We ended up with a much larger place and a better area for the same price as we were paying before. Seems like rent prices are coming down.

Comment

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
              Norcal~What an awesome blessing. I am so happy for you guys. I bet that was a huge weight off your shoulders. You definitely can't give up.
              I do notice that the upside of the economy being so bad is that people aren't shocked and horrified when you tell them you are claiming bk. We have been told numerous times that they would rather have a tenant like us, because they know that once we claim the bk, we will be on top of paying everything on time.
              God ALWAYS answers prayer. Yes, no, or wait.

It is true that bk is becoming a heritage thing now. Just around our little burg, I am amazed at the amount of empty houses appearing, yet you hear nothing in the news. 'Bammy promises more jobs, yet my son-in-law who works in a P.O. Service center states that the Post Office will be getting rid of (down sizing) 200,000 people in the next couple months. The P.O. is still a part of the U.S. Government only it pays it's own way by stamp sales.

We drive into town (the county seat) and every day, new signs pop up for sale and you can tell when an owner is desperate when the sign says for sale with an added on 'or rent' on it. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We have definitely had to learn to WAIT on the Lord. Huge lesson for us.
                I just heard the other day that the post office is talking about stopping services on Saturday, to cut back. I don't know if that is just around here or all over the place. I keep hearing about how the market is booming and jobs are really starting to pick up, but I sure don't see it. Like you, we are seeing tons of stuff around here with the "For Sale, or Rent".

Comment

It is true that bk is becoming a heritage thing now. Just around our little burg, I am amazed at the amount of empty houses appearing, yet you hear nothing in the news. 'Bammy promises more jobs, yet my son-in-law who works in a P.O. Service center states that the Post Office will be getting rid of (down sizing) 200,000 people in the next couple months. The P.O. is still a part of the U.S. Government only it pays it's own way by stamp sales.
                  Just had to chime in here to say that I lost my job with the post office last year. They closed my facility. They had to offer us jobs but the only jobs offered were in Utah and Kansas. I'm in Arizona. No way I'm moving when this could happen again. That is why I'm here on this forum.

Thanks to all of you, by the way. I haven't posted before but have learned a lot. We filed Chapter 7 no asset on April 21, 2010. 341 is May 24.

Comment

Originally posted by debtsucks View Post
                    I keep hearing about how the market is booming and jobs are really starting to pick up, but I sure don't see it. Like you, we are seeing tons of stuff around here with the "For Sale, or Rent".

Comment

You know in the DC area it isn't bad at all. Maybe that's my problem? I tried craigslist and very few even emailed back. one person said try back in one month. Another didn't like the fact that I was going to file bk. Another even said he will work with bad credit, but backed down when I mentioned bankruptcy. etc etc. It's getting old. My agent seems to only work at night and I never get any news except to tell me that she doesn't know if the owner is willing to work with us. I think it just depends on where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                        You know in the DC area it isn't bad at all. Maybe that's my problem? I tried craigslist and very few even emailed back. one person said try back in one month. Another didn't like the fact that I was going to file bk. Another even said he will work with bad credit, but backed down when I mentioned bankruptcy. etc etc. It's getting old. My agent seems to only work at night and I never get any news except to tell me that she doesn't know if the owner is willing to work with us. I think it just depends on where you are.
                        Hang in there, something will come along. We found our house on Craigslist. I know this may sound obsessive, but I literally checked it every morning if I had time and at night. I just wanted to make sure that I was getting the listing right away and I could get on top of it and make the calls. I found that the people that were more willing to work with me were your average Joe landlords, not big corp ones or people who have about 10 other properties.

Comment

We found our house on Craig's List also and the landlord is an individual, not a company. That really helped. Some of the companies said they'd work with bad credit, but not a bk....hello??? Anyways, dealing with individuals seemed to work best. Try to keep positive. I know it's stressful trying to find a place. The rental market seems hot right now in my area, probably because so many people are losing their homes.
                          Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
                          Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
                          341 Done - Middle of May 2010
                          Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

I guess the longer it takes the more money I will have saved up. I will keep trying though!

Comment

When the time comes for us to leave our home (oops, must start thinking of it as 'just a house') and rent somewhere, how do you make sure you're not renting from someone who's 1 inch from bankruptcy themselves?
                              Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X