No announcement yet.

Yes..........Discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!! I always get excited for those who have been through this process and finally become discharged.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Its about time! Congrats!!
      "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
      Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
      341 Hearing March 4th 2010
      Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ann View Post
        Albacore, you stopped paying right after your 341? I thought it was advisable to wait until you are discharged to stop the payments? I actually called my second mortgage company to extend our temporary modification and was basically told that it was my first mortgage that was the problem not the second! I told her if I didn't pay on my first I would be ousted and she told me because my monthly obligation with the first is more than with the second then I need to go to them for help. Wow, needless to say she was an absolute b****!!! She had no idea at that time I was filing for bankruptcy. Just please keep us informed. I get so much great advice from all of you good people here and that means the world to me!
        Yes, I stopped paying, after I discussed it with my attorney, and he agreed. Funny thing is my 2nd (HSBC) still does not know I even filed BK.

As far as yours, that is just a tactic your 2nd is using to get you to pay. Once you BK, their only recourse will be to foreclose, and if your upside down, I doubt they will do that.

BTW- i found some interesting info on another site where HSBC is sending unsolicited offers in the mail for people to settle underwater 2nds for 3.5% of the balance. I think they are getting desperate. Cash is king right now.
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Congratulations Albacore! Wow, 50K toward *some* of your cc's? You must've been living under some massive debt. So glad it's worked out for you and you can move on.
          Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
          341 June 1st, 2010
          Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

[QUOTE=jdcat;414603] You must've been living under some massive debt. [QUOTE]

Due to some masssive stupidity
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Congratulations Albacore! I'm glad that monkey is off your back.

Keep me posted on settling your 2nd. I'm still working on mine.
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Very, Very happy for you! I always judged our BK's to be right in line with each, time-wise.
                It's such relief, isn't it? It is still hard for me to believe.

Comment

Kudos to you, now that you're out of it, take a deep breath and keep us posted on your progress with HSBC...

Also, please don't disappear from here...your posts are a joy to read, even when there's little joy in them...

Congrats once again!
                  No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

by the way, Hub..............I brought your girl back.............just for you.

Comment

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!!
                      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
                      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
                      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Ann, I short sold my home and the 2nd refused to waive the deficiency balance. I knew I was filing chapter 7, so I went ahead with the short sale and the deficiency balance was discharged in my BK.
                        Filed BK7 on 1/16/10:
                        341 on 3/16/10 (No Asset)
                        Discharged 5/17/10 (Fresh Start)

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

albacore44, I apologize for not seeing this sooner! (You could have PM'd me, ya know... ) Anyhow...

Congratulations!
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X