Ge money bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ge money bank

My mother has a toro credit card that was issued by GE MONEY BANK. My wife is the co-signer on it and my mother has passed away. We decided to
    take it over being my wife is now responable for it. Now we have decided to file bankruptcy and have a meeting with are lawyer june 30. We need the power equipment that we have purchased with it (ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO) do to the large yard are home has that we rent.

Will GE want to take the items we have purchased back?

More than likely... no. GE Money bank probably has what they call a PMSI or purchase-money security interest in anything you buy. However, I have never heard of GE Money Bank going after any purchased items. GE Money bank was the holder of several of my cards including, I think, Lowe's and my Paypal credit account. Never heard a peep from them.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      More than likely... no. GE Money bank probably has what they call a PMSI or purchase-money security interest in anything you buy. However, I have never heard of GE Money Bank going after any purchased items. GE Money bank was the holder of several of my cards including, I think, Lowe's and my Paypal credit account. Never heard a peep from them.
      Sams Club as well! Ask me how I know.....
      Retained lawyer 5/18/10
      Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
      Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Ok!
        How do you Know?

Comment

Originally posted by sap720 View Post
          How do you Know?
          You don't. However, practice and history shows that these particular creditors don't care. We do know, from history, that Best Buy's underlying bank seems to ask for things back. I have never heard this from other creditors.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ge

Even if there was a $8,000 credit limit, Keep in mind we over charged and now have know limit to spend and we just send them the min. each month with about $2,000 to bring it current form over charge, late payments, etc.

Comment

Doesn't matter the balance, unless it was recent. If you recently overcharged (last 90-180 days), then they could file a complaint to determine dischargeability. But, you will probably hear absolutely nothing from them.

Comment

About 1yr 1/2 ago, The lawn mower alone was $6,000 and the card can only be used a toro dealers.
                Last edited by sap720; 06-02-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I have 4 GE Money accounts, 2 for Rogers Jewelers, 1 for Sam's, 1 for Walmart. I believe as long as you did make regular payments, they won't ask for it back. Now if you bought it and never made a payment, then it may be an issue.

I haven't paid GE in 2 years, they send me a letter once every 3 months. Never call, nothing. I owe them about $8000 total (on all 4 accounts.) They are probably one of the quietest collectors I have.
                  I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                  Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

i had 2, mervyn's and Chevron. They diden't come for any clothes, or siphon any gas from the cars.

They will, however, be the first ones to send you to a collection agency once you stop payments, about 60-90 days
                    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I had GE Money Bank for Select Comfort. They did not come after bed. Also, Best Buy never asked for my computer back.
                      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                      Discharged: 11/30/2009
                      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

We have been paying the min. each month, but with the interest, over charge and late fees its caused us to be about $2,000 behindon the account . We are still paying the min. or what we can and at this point in time it will never be paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
                          I had GE Money Bank for Select Comfort. They did not come after bed. Also, Best Buy never asked for my computer back.
                          How long ago had you bought the computer before filing?
                          Retained lawyer 5/18/10
                          Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
                          Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

I think it was Dec. 2008 and we filed on July 3, 2009. NOt that long. I mean it wasn't like a $3K computer or anything, but I was worried about it.
                            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                            Discharged: 11/30/2009
                            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

The card was through a local toro dealer and issued by ge money bank with a credit line of $8,000 . We purchased a Toro Z mower(riding lawn mower) for $6,000 and some weedeaters about 11/2 to 2 years ago.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X