How long to show on PACER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to show on PACER?

I am filing this week. I am curious to know how long after the paperwork is turned in to the courts that it will show on PACER when I search by my name and SSN?

A case number should be issued instantaneously and searchable. That's if the paperwork (the petition) is hand delivered and a receipt is given, or an attorney does it electronically using CM/ECF (PACER).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Mine took 2 days to show up.
      Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
      0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
        Mine took 2 days to show up.
        Yuck. Did you hand deliver? If you attorney did it in CM/ECF it should be instant. But, I still don't put it past it just being different District's systems are on different versions of CM/ECF (PACER).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Yuck. Did you hand deliver? If you attorney did it in CM/ECF it should be instant. But, I still don't put it past it just being different District's systems are on different versions of CM/ECF (PACER).
          Nope, attny filed electronically. I guess maybe it's my district. I checked obsessively from several days before filing (only had a window of when he was going to file it) up until 2 days after filing, and sure enough, it took 2 days to show. But when it did, it had the correct filing date, just took some time to show up for some reason (although it was filed on a Sunday AND the last day of the month, so don't know if that delays it?). Then again, our 341 info took a couple days to show up as well. But our confirmation posted the day after the hearing. Dunno why there's a discrepancy???
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Then again, our 341 info took a couple days to show up as well. But our confirmation posted the day after the hearing. Dunno why there's a discrepancy???
            I don't know. I get stuff instantly in PACER. I hand the intake clerk a document, and before I log into my computer, it's in PACER... filed and entered (docketed). The different District do things differently. There are processes where they can actually enter a document/paper and it goes through a workflow to the case manager first before it's released. Don't know if that's the difference or not.

Comment

I filed pro se, and everything showed up in Pacer right away, as the clerk scans everything in right then and there.

Comment

Nope, attny filed electronically. I guess maybe it's my district. I checked obsessively from several days before filing (only had a window of when he was going to file it) up until 2 days after filing, and sure enough, it took 2 days to show. But when it did, it had the correct filing date, just took some time to show up for some reason (although it was filed on a Sunday AND the last day of the month, so don't know if that delays it?). Then again, our 341 info took a couple days to show up as well. But our confirmation posted the day after the hearing. Dunno why there's a discrepancy???
                Periodically, district do maintenance on PACER, maybe your attorney filed it, then the district did some maintenance, but who knows.

In general, as soon as an attorney files it electronically, a case number is assigned, a judge is assigned, and the 341 meeting is scheduled and your attorney gets a receipt. I suppose their can be some delay in the case actually be searchable on the database, but it is odd.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X