No announcement yet.

Interesting call from Cap 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard it all from all my creditors. I am so happy that I have filed though. The best part is having no calls. Now though I am having creditors call for other people. My parents are even getting calls from my ex-husbands accounts. We got a divorce back about 7 years ago.

I do remember one creditor that asked me to borrow money from my parents. I said well I guess my father who is about to retire does not need to buy his heart meds right. The creditor told me that it did not matter what happened to my father as long as the creditor got paid. I think I was shocked at that one, and then I started in on how a stupid f**king idiot he really was. Needless to say the creditor hung up on me after about 5 min of me yelling. I should have just hung uo, but with that type of abuse I had to voice my opinion. That really was very uncalled for on the creditors part.
    Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
    341 meeting on 5/28/2010
    Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

ST, that is encouraging that the creditors stopped calling you once you gave the atty's info. I think I will call them directly and give them the info, rather than taking their calls.

I'm amazed at the lengths these creditors will go to do their jobs. Gettinggoing, they were totally in the wrong for giving your parents info on your house payment situation. Employer, I can't even imagine a creditor say something like that. I understand they want to do their job, but it makes me wonder what kind of person would say that collecting a payment is more important than a person's life.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kartoons19 View Post
        ST, that is encouraging that the creditors stopped calling you once you gave the atty's info. I think I will call them directly and give them the info, rather than taking their calls.

I'm amazed at the lengths these creditors will go to do their jobs. Gettinggoing, they were totally in the wrong for giving your parents info on your house payment situation. Employer, I can't even imagine a creditor say something like that. I understand they want to do their job, but it makes me wonder what kind of person would say that collecting a payment is more important than a person's life.
        Thats the thing....BofA has nothing to do with my mortgage. This was a credit card account. They just used the "your son will lose his house" line on them to scare them into paying money.
        -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
        -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
        -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
        -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Exployer1234 View Post
          I have heard it all from all my creditors. I am so happy that I have filed though. The best part is having no calls. Now though I am having creditors call for other people. My parents are even getting calls from my ex-husbands accounts. We got a divorce back about 7 years ago.

I do remember one creditor that asked me to borrow money from my parents. I said well I guess my father who is about to retire does not need to buy his heart meds right. The creditor told me that it did not matter what happened to my father as long as the creditor got paid. I think I was shocked at that one, and then I started in on how a stupid f**king idiot he really was. Needless to say the creditor hung up on me after about 5 min of me yelling. I should have just hung uo, but with that type of abuse I had to voice my opinion. That really was very uncalled for on the creditors part.
          You know - honestly with idiots like that, you just can't ever let the phone calls get that far. I plan on saying, "Sorry can't pay right now. Looking at my options and will see what I can do." When they respond, will reply, "Again, can't pay right now. Thank you for your concern and have a good day." CLICK! I just don't have patience for that crap.
          04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
            Thats the thing....BofA has nothing to do with my mortgage. This was a credit card account. They just used the "your son will lose his house" line on them to scare them into paying money.
            Gotcha. It was definitely underhanded.

I wonder how the interview process goes for a collection job. I can only imagine the interview. "So how low would you go in order to get $$$?" "Oh, I would do what I could to get the $$$, but I would do it ethically" "Sorry, there isn't a job for you here, you don't qualify". I would like to think that most collectors are ethical, but then again I do tend to be an idealist.

Comment

Man with a Heart at "Chase"

I actually received a call from Chase. On the other end was a very nice man. When I told him I was currently just trying to pay my mortgage, he was very nice and encouraged me to pay my house first. He also said that if I did have any extra money even $10. to send it and the company would at least know I was trying. He said he understood my situation and by the end of the conversation he had told me about his special needs baby. He also told me about his financial situation and how difficult things have gotten. Anyway, this man had a heart and probably was not very good at his job which was getting debtors to pay. His name was Edward and he actually had a heart and compassion.

Comment

Creep from Collection Agency

I received a message on my cell today. The man stated his name and that he was from a law firm. He said he wanted to confirm one of my neighbors lived at a certain address. I started thinking perhaps he was a creditor so I checked out his call back number on "reverse number lookup". It turned out this particular CA has a lot of consumer complaints because they are so mean and abusive to debtors. The website also stated they but debt's at pennies on the dollar.
                Bottom line, I'm glad I didn't call him back. It taught me CA's will use any tactic to speak to you.

Comment

Freeatlast98,

Unfortunately I think that Edward at Chase is the exception. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast98 View Post
                    I received a message on my cell today. The man stated his name and that he was from a law firm. He said he wanted to confirm one of my neighbors lived at a certain address. I started thinking perhaps he was a creditor so I checked out his call back number on "reverse number lookup". It turned out this particular CA has a lot of consumer complaints because they are so mean and abusive to debtors. The website also stated they but debt's at pennies on the dollar.
                    Bottom line, I'm glad I didn't call him back. It taught me CA's will use any tactic to speak to you.
                    Oh I'd call him back. I'd also make sure the call was recorded, so I could sue the scum sucker!
                    ==================================
                    Filed: 4-30-2010
                    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast98 View Post
                      I actually received a call from Chase. On the other end was a very nice man. When I told him I was currently just trying to pay my mortgage, he was very nice and encouraged me to pay my house first. He also said that if I did have any extra money even $10. to send it and the company would at least know I was trying. He said he understood my situation and by the end of the conversation he had told me about his special needs baby. He also told me about his financial situation and how difficult things have gotten. Anyway, this man had a heart and probably was not very good at his job which was getting debtors to pay. His name was Edward and he actually had a heart and compassion.
                      I had a woman from BofA call once and sounded the same. Very compassionate and understanding...almost sounded like a counselor or therapist. You never know, maybe that approach produces some revenue for them.

Comment

I had Discover ask me to borrow money from friends or family to pay them and when I said that wasn't possible, they asked if I had another credit card to put it on. I thought the same, especially when the girl started yelling at me for paying all my other creditors except for them. That wasn't true, but all they care about is that they get paid. Sorry, that's what happens when you won't work with someone. At least BoA tried to help me by lowering my interest rates and payment amounts. It wasn't enough in the end, but Discover's offer of "help" was total crap. They lowered my monthly payments by less than $10 and that special offer was only good for one year. Ridiculous.
                        Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                        341 meeting - 4/2010
                        Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by kartoons19 View Post
                          Freeatlast98,

Unfortunately I think that Edward at Chase is the exception. :-(
                          And possibly, by now, unemployed at Chase lol.

Comment

I've had 'em all... Ask if I can sell something for $, borrow $ from family, use another card. The mentality of a collector, I think, is: I only get paid when I collect $ so I don't give a *#!% where you get it from.

I do find it kind of funny that they make settlement offers and such after I tell them I am filing. Especially recently on a small debt, like settling a $900 balance for $500 would fix everything and avoid the bankruptcy!
                            Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
                            (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I realized this morning that the funny thing about my call from Cap 1, is that she said that once I paid the $800 I could use the card again. Well, I closed that account almost a year ago! What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
                                I actually called the CA (It was Bank of Americas in-house collection) and was told that my parents offered to pay the debt and were not forced to pay the debt and that bofa did not provide any account information to them. I then asked them how my parents knew the balance to pay if they were not given ANY information about my account and I was told that my father just threw out numbers until the CA agent said ok. My father says that story is totally false.
                                HUGE FDCPA VIOLATION....you threaten to sue them and they will pay you 1000.00...all of this took place on a recorded line on their side and there is no way that they could legally discuss anything about your debts with ANY 3rd party...just the fact that your parents paid something is a "smoking gun" alone....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X