No announcement yet.

AZ HOA gone wild !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right. Some HOAs, and smaller banks, seem to act with impunity. I love it when they get spanked by the Court.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

And today - 18 months after discharge and 16 months after the trustee sale, we recieve a UPS Overnight mailing form the 1st mortgage lender looking to set up an appointment to discuss options to avoid foreclosure. I called the local office andd got the recording about an "attempt to collect a debt" etc. No dallar amounts mentioned but then again its safe to assume if you dont owe them money they dont send you these letters.

I'm tempted to threaten to re-open the case via certified mail perhaps subject to a consideration fee ?..... Thoughts ?

Comment

DOOOOO IT!!! After all is said and done you can sell your story to Hollywood as a made for TV movie!

Comment

Very strange. They think you still own the property? Have you checked the public record to see if it is in fact no longer in your name??
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for replying. I was hoping you would. Yes, the property has been out of our name for a year. I called the number on the letter they sent and before getting a human heard a recording stating " This is an attempt to collect a debt". As this action would go to the same judge, I think I need to wait until I get one more piece of correspondence. This lender from past expereince is unusually hard to contact by mail so I feel a letter advising them of their error would be futile. I spoke to a person at the number they wanted me to call and advised the particulars and the consequences of ignoring the call. I was met with junk responses.

I will re-open again with ne more piece of mail.

My concern is cross collateralization. I have 5 accounts with them. And BTW - they sold the property for more than the loan and we received the excess proceeds this past week. The HELOC lender and HOA did not file a claim. KaChing !

Comment

Wow on all levels! Congrats!

Comment

idainc - Any updates on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
                  idainc - Any updates on this thread?
                  None yet. i sent them a certified letter telling them that they would their little fannies back in BK court if they didn't "cease and desist". That was around Christmas so we havne't had a response yet.

The loan has no cross collateralization clause from my reading of it. It's just soooo sloppy on their part. I also got a mailing about a program that will audit whether the foreclosure was done properly. That it was. So be it. Somebody had to take the $250,000.00 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by idainc View Post
                    their little fannies back in BK court.
                    I love your wording....good luck ida
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X