Before Filing: Beware of Books that Have Forms on CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before Filing: Beware of Books that Have Forms on CD

If you are filing Ch 7 and doing the work yourself, make sure that you visit your court's website to get the most current version of any forms that you may have by purchasing a kit, book or cd.

I had already purchased a kit before learning about the NOLO books on this forum. The kit was helpful, but unbeknowest to me, some of the bk forms that it contained were outdated. I didn't realize it until I visited my court's website last night and saw that some of the forms on their site had been updated this year. Also, each court forms that are unique to that venue that tou may need to fill out.

After ithe clerk checked my paperowrk today, she handed me a list of 4 forms that I had to redo using their updated forms.

I just thought I would post this caveat as it may save someone some time when filing.
    Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
    Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Deserves repeating.

Always get the latest forms from your particular Districts website, then the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts main website.... in that order. Never use the forms inside of any book or e-Book.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X