Middle Florida 341 not too bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle Florida 341 not too bad

Ok, So I am new to the forum. Up to today, I have just been doing research in the forum and I am so grateful for all of the info I have found. Thanks everyone.

I had my 341 today. Wow, I was crazy nervous...I am in the dreaded Middle district Florida and from all of the info I have found on this site I think things went well. We were honest on all of our forms and stopped paying mortgage in March. It is really scary how we really haven't saved any money.

The meeting went by really fast and the trustee asked us very little questions. Her first personal question was about what jewelry i have and I stated about $800 for wedding and engagement ring, she said it wasn't on list and I stated that is was on my petition. We are filing chapter 7 and not keeping our underwater house. We have zero equity but not upside down in two newer cars and reaffirming them. She asked if we were keeping house and we both said no at same time, she asked "why" and my husband stated "we can't afford it," no further questions about house. There was one odd question about whether our children had any bank accounts with their names on it. I stated none that we have started, but could have one from relative that we didn't know about (probably should have just left it at none, but I tend to babble on when I am nervous). She did comment that we had a lot of payroll deductions. She also asked about one particular payroll deductions because it states savings account for $101 but I think it actually goes to our silly 401k loan we took out a couple of years ago to pay off stupid credit card debt. At the end she asked us for a contact number, but she asked all of the other cases before us for theirs as well, so I am hoping it doesn't mean anything. We have lawyer and he said we are in the clear, but he seems laid back about everything.

We were slightly over median income before deductions, but after deductions we were well under. The means test also put us at -$250 every month. My husband has lost hundreds of hours of overtime this year and we just couldn't keep all of the balls in the air anymore. The trustee did not question any of our expenses and luckily no creditors showed up.

If their are any objections do they send them in the mail? Is my lawyer contacted first?
    Can you be forced into chapter 13?
    Filed: 6/4/2010
    341 meeting: 7/8/2010 (lawyers vacation)
    rescheduled: 7/29/2010
    meeting went well waiting

Sounds like you are good and congratulations on getting through that step. From what I read FL is really tough and sometimes unreasonable.

Comment

expenses checked

Thanks. I am sure the waiting will be agonizing. I heard they are a little slower here because they are so backed up.

The 341 was an odd experience to say the least, everyone at our meeting were wearing super casual clothes and looked really beat down. Also, there were a lot of older people and a lot of second timers. It was sad.

Do you know if you are over the IRS standards if its really red flag? We put down $1100 for food and I think the standards are like $800 for family of 4. Maybe I should keep my receipts. I know we really spend that much. We rarely eat out and I pack my kids and husband's lunches most everyday. Also, I buy fresh meat and produce and a few organic items.

Comment

I had the same trustee, I would stop worrying the 341 is over. If there was question your attorney would of known about it. Relax, fresh start is yours now.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Same trustee

Floridagail,

Did your trustee ask the same questions? Is that what lead you to believe we have the same one? How long between your 341 and discharge? Did you get a close case shortly after your discharge? Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to calm my nerves. Thanks.

Comment

I know because there is only one female trustee. Yes she ask me the same questions. She asked everyone the same questions
            . As my attorney did not show up and a standin was 1 hr late. so I got to listen to her cases. It took almost 7mos for my discharge to come in mail. They are really slow to mail out everything. Closing the case took almost a year on paper so that is normal here.
            My paralegal told me if she was going to object she would of done it at the 341 meeting. So you need to stop worrying about her taking your jewerly.
            PLease do not worry for 6mos. the meeting was the important thing and it is over.
            I ask my attorney if I could get married, or should i wait, The file date is the important date, fresh start starts then.
            Last edited by Floridagail; 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM. Reason: typ
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Trustee middle Florida

Thanks, for the reply. I am not so worried about jewelry, just an appraisal on all my personal property. I just heard they over-value a lot of things and I don't want to buy back the things we have owned for years and paid cash for most. Some of our deductions were over the irs table and I don't want them looked over to much because we are close on our income.

So, you went to court in Tampa? I just thought there were a few female trustees here. If she has objections does she verbally say that she has them? Or does she have to file them with our Attorney in the next few weeks? She did ask for our phone number.

Thanks again.

Comment

Mdof

Yes it was Tampa. I cannot remember the questions but she seemed to grill me, unnecessarily. I would not worry anymore.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X