No announcement yet.

Bank account vs checkbook register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your response, justbroke. I've worked through pretty much all issues now so after this I have only to complete the summary sheets for the schedules and so on, and sign the paperwork. After seeing in the Nolo book the advice to hole-punch the filing before taking it to the clerk, I consulted my own court's rules and saw that they don't want any holes put in the paperwork at all, so I'm even reasonably certain of that.

My one qualm is that I felt that my CA Chapter 13 property was not stated as fully as it should have been so, with some misgivings, I am submitting a more detailed list of higher value with this Chapter 7 filing. I wanted the property and exemption list to be as consistent as possible between the Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 filings since I expect the trustee to check on Pacer even if I don't make a copy of my filing papers for the 13 and send it to the trustee with my tax return. But I felt that things seemed to be left out and that since I was pro se, I needed to be detailed, so I went ahead and approached the listing of property anew. Since it's not a conversion, it seemed like that was the best way to go.

I'm hoping for the best.

Thanks again.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Not sure if its a stupid question or not, but why can't you just keep more cash out of your check for the few weeks before you file? I usually keep about $50-60 out of each check for misc. stuff like gas and snacks. But was thinking of getting a little more out when and if I actually pay the lawyer to start the process. I guess they can keep track of your checks, but who's to say you did'nt drive more than normal, got an oil change, ect. I also recently got a bonus and have been picking up all the extra days I can at my 2nd job to give me a cushion for after I file. Now after hearing they can take some of your money on the day you file, maybe I should'nt work extra and get some repairs to the house done? I'll have to ask the lawyer about it though as I'm sure each state is different in how much cash you can have and how lenient they are...

Comment

I think you're asking the person who actually started this thread, instead of me who co-opted it inadvertently, right?

At any rate, it seems to me that if you keep the cash out of the checks then, if you're going to be 100% forthcoming about cash on hand, you have to declare it in another pile anyway.

Cheers.
        09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Please, don't read NoLo verbatim! Hole punching is from the "old" days. Everything today is "scanned" (imaged) and stored in CM/ECF (a/k/a PACER). The Chapter 7 Trustee will definitely be looking at your Chapter 13 case. I was lucky the Trustee's peruse of my entire docket (over 250 docket entries in 2 years), saw my Chapter 13 and my numbers were consistent and proved my case... that I'm a non-consumer filer!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

They should update it then for that. How else am I supposed to read it? :]

It's just a good thing that I went and checked my own district rules for the copy count. That's the only reason I saw that holes are verboten, at least now in my own district.

What's a bankrupt to do?
            09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X