Oh wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow

I was looking through PACER and noticed that a debt we owe wasn't listed. I can't believe I didn't catch it before. I told the paralegal at our attorney's office and watched her write it down right in front of me, but it didn't get put on. We did our 341 yesterday. :-0

It is a medical bill for $550 or so and we can access those funds from our flexible spending account (it will just leave that much less for other stuff this year).

Are we in any trouble?

I told the hospital billing dept that we filed and gave them the filing #. I will call them first thing Monday and tell them it wasn't included, mistakenly, and ask if they will please send us a bill and we will remit payment right away (since we did get a few letters from a collections agency).

Can't believe we didn't catch this. I'm not worried about the money, I just don't want to get into any trouble for not listing a debt.

Originally posted by quiverfull6 View Post
    ................ Can't believe we didn't catch this. I'm not worried about the money, I just don't want to get into any trouble for not listing a debt.
    No worries - you can have the attorney amend the filing for a fee, but that may not be worth it.
    Also, this is not an asset, so no worries about any trouble with the filing.
    We had a $800 bank account not get on the petition, and I just told the trustee at the 341 meeting - no big deal.

Comment

Forgot a creditor

Hello quiverful6,

You will find this happening to lots of people on the forum. It is not a big thing and most courts will say the debt is still discharged even if you forgot to list it.
      Showing the creditor (hospital) the filing date and case number usually works. If not, your lawyer should know how to add a creditor, it is slightly different for each court.

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Don't contact the hospital again or make any promises of payment until you talk to your attorney. Petitions are amended all the time. You shouldn't have to pay a dischargeable pre-petition debt.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

We got a big bill after our 341 from a doctor over a year prior. Our atty. amended our petition for 26 bucks and it was discharged with everything else.
          Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
          Report of no distribution 1/21/10
          Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X