Credit card offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card offers

So I know at some point after my discharge I may get a new low limit credit card to assist in building my fico score. I'm not in any rush at this point.

I have had a few offers come in that seemed ok but this one that I just got is a joke.

First Premier Bank: $45 app fee. $75 membership fee. 59.9% INTEREST! My credit may be bad but WTH!

Yeah, I got that one too. Can you believe it? We've been getting a good laugh over it. I hope no one actually would go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jsofaz View Post
      Yeah, I got that one too. Can you believe it? We've been getting a good laugh over it. I hope no one actually would go for it.
      Me too!

Threw it away in the garbage after I read it.

Comment

I shredded the First Premier "Offer" of 59.9% interest yesterday too! Maybe a Crap One will grace my mailbox one day...
        Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
        Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
        Case went without a hitch!
        I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

I used to have one of those First Premier cards but its included in my Ch 13 now. Another one that was bad news was a credit card from Credit One Bank.
          Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
          Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

im pre-bk with mountains of debt im not even paying on anymore and maybe even a judgment on my record by now and i just started getting weekly offers from cap one for a new card telling me i am "pre-approved" lol

if i wasnt going to be filing bk soon, id be tempted to just send it back and see if the give me a stupid card. maybe somehow i will get an offer like that post-bk and it will slip through the cracks and approve me. got to get back on that credit score war path. lol

Comment

Remember, anyone who gets "pre-approved" offers in the mail from any lender/creditor is just on a mailing list. Pre-approved means nothing - it's a marketing ploy to hope it makes one feel good enough to fill out, sign and send in the application. If you have a BK or bad credit, any offer makes you feel good - it's like the supermarket putting the candy bars in the checkout line at the supermarket.

When your credit takes a dive and/or you file for BK, your name gets on mailing lists associated with bad credit/BK. After discharge expect all sorts of offers in the mail from every car lender in your vicinity and/or high fee/high interest credit cards. We also received several vacation brochures. We shredded and/or recycled every single offer received (some were ridiculous and offerred all sorts of trash trinkets if we showed up for a test drive, etc.) and note that 1 1/2 years after the BK is off our credit reports, we still get BK related junk mail. Once your name is out there on those lists, I don't think it ever goes away as it keeps getting sold around.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

This just sickens me!
                Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Related question- Anyone know a way to get removed from these lists? I don't want to get credit card offers in the mail ever again, good deals or bad deals. Surely there's some way to opt out?

Comment

I found the answer: 1-888-5 OPT OUT (or 1-888-567-8688)

Comment

I keep getting a Discover Card offer for college students to help build credit. I graduated college 24 years ago.

Comment

My wife and I did this 2 years ago and have not received on of these offers since. It took about a month to get them all to stop.
                        I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
                        Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

I also received that offer and I couldn't believe it! I mean really 60% interest? I thought loan sharking was against the law! I believe I could get better terms from someone in the mafia!

Comment

LOL! 60% interest with fees. The sad part is I guarantee you that people do this deal all the time. Unbelievable.
                            New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X