Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Means Test Form 22 Line 45

Hello,
    I am looking into doing a chapter 7 pro per. I am married and have four kids. Our income is above the state median income, but we are buried in unsecured debt so I think I have a good chance at passing the means test.

However, I need some help to how to come up with the amount for the proposed chap 13 plan repayment asked for on form 22. Does anyone know where I can find out how to come up with the number?

Thank you in advance.

In any event, you can't consider debt that you will discharge {unsecured debt} as an expense in a Chapter 7.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Should I leave that line blank then?

Comment

If you use the NOLO.com online means test calculator I believe it fills that line in for you as CH13 administrative expenses.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Why are you planning to file pro se? If your income is above the median, hire yourself a lawyer who is going to fight for a ch.7 for you. Your unsecured debt level has little to do with whether you qualify for a ch.7 or not.
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Protected

I don't do the means test so I don't know exactly what it is. As far as I know, the means test is to check to see if you can qualify for chapter 7 or 13. In other words, it's a means to separate those who can file chapter 7 and those who have to file chapter 13. The means test takes into account your income level, your unsecured debts have little or nothing to do with the means test.
            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Protected View Post
              However, I need some help to how to come up with the amount for the proposed chap 13 plan repayment asked for on form 22. Does anyone know where I can find out how to come up with the number?
              Try taking the free online means test at legalconsumer.com. While it is not impossible, people that are over the median have a more difficult time to obtain a discharge under Chapter 7.

If you are over-the-median and do not even have the NoLo guidebook, you should use an attorney. At least get some consultations to get an initial look at your numbers and case.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X