No announcement yet.

If you filed Chap 7 while unemployed and already had your 341 - please respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you filed Chap 7 while unemployed and already had your 341 - please respond

I am "taking a poll" to see how many of you were asked at your 341 hearing if you had a new job or not.

Any "stories" are appreciated.

I am especially interested in situations where you either had a job offer or even started a job in between filing and your 341 hearing.

Thanks!

Note: I have not even filed yet, but simply am trying to understand real-life experiences should this arise.
    Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

i was asked by the trustee if i had a job...i replied no, i lost my job. she then asked what i did...i told her and she promptly responded; to my shock...

"and you will not be getting a job anytime soon in that field!".
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I had a job when I filed...but lost it before my 341

Comment

My husband was unemployed at the time of filing. He secured a job a few days before 341 mtg, but was not set to start until a few days later. The trustee asked if he had found a job, "yes, but it hasn't started yet", then asked if our income was expected to increase, "should stay about the same", then wanted to know if our paperwork/figures reflected previous employed/income or unemployment/income (unemployed about 3mos).
        That was about a month ago, we have not heard anything except the standard notice of "no asset/no distribution blah, blah, blah"...on PACER.

Comment

My trustee saw from our petition that I was unemployed. He asked me what happened to my job. The facility I was working at closed. Then he asked me if my employer had offered me another position. Guess he knows that USPS has to give us another position. It's in the contract. However, that position can be anywhere. I was offered a job in Kansas or Utah. I am in Arizona. As my husband is employed here, it would make no sense for me to relocate. So I left. That was the end of the trustee's questions about my employment. He did not ask me if I had found another job.

Comment

I had my 341 meeting on 8/12. The trustee did not bring my unemployment up at all and did not ask if I had a job, looking for a job or turned down a job.

Comment

G
              Originally posted by beenhereb4 View Post
              I had my 341 meeting on 8/12. The trustee did not bring my unemployment up at all and did not ask if I had a job, looking for a job or turned down a job.
              What district did you file in?
              Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Comment

NY Southern District

Comment

Interesting.. I want to know the same thing. I need to know the same thing as if my husband gains employment we will fail the means test and it will force us into a Chapter 11. I wonder when he can start work.. the day after we file or the day after the 341 hearing.. I hear mixed reviews and hear it is better to be safe and wait until after the 341 hearing.

Comment

I am heading to the courthouse tomorrow to observe some Chapter 7 - 341 hearings on my own and will report back if the Trustee asks unemployed filers if they have secured a new job or not.

If anyone has personal stories to add to this thread - please do so.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X