no asset case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no asset case.

They way I figure it with everything I own(ohh how a short list) my student loan, and even if I buy the cheapo motorcycle for the gas mileage I am way under my 8k wildcard. .

My understanding is if everything is exempt the case is a no asset case right?

Given this will my case take about 4 months till discharge or does it move quicker. I doubt my collectors file against me none are anywhere less then a year old most 5 or 6. The only one that could argue fraud was a company I dealt with when I had my jetski business(card services) I owe them 18k. When my business went under a city cop who did not like me tried to say it was fraud and my argument was 18k out of 200,000 in sales ant fraud.

SO lets say none of them object to my bk. Can I slip the trustee some monoploy money or would he want the game for my debt LOL

There are two issues.

1. Getting a Discharge and
    2. The Trustee's administration of the case

One has nothing to do with the other. Assuming no creditor objects to the entry of a Discharge, the Discharge will be entered no earlier than 61 days after your 341 meeting.

The Trustee's administration of the case may take less or more time than the time it takes to enter a Discharge. If you are a no asset case, the Trustee might even shut his file down the day after the 341. However, you have indicated that you had a business. If that is correct, the Trustee may want additional information from you to make sure all is on the up & up.

Comment

I opened my business between my 18 and 19 birthdays. I had it for a few years and closed it around 03 I think I have been hunting for 7 years no and started the fall after I closed it so 03 seems to be the year. I figured it would complicate things. I think I will sit down with my dad and pull all the business stuff out. Luckily when I closed it he helps me collect all the documents as I was planning for a fight then from card services. So I am sure I have everything he would ever want. God help me if he wants it all, it would take 10 accounts two years to sort through it all

I think when I have my second meeting with my lawyer I will ask him if there is anything specific I should collect for him or the trustee.

So best case I file say the 21st of sept, have my 341 around 30 days later and 61 days after that I am discharged, maybe he closes the case by then maybe not. If he ask me at the 341 for some of the business records I should be able to hand it to him in a few days.

So if he is in a good mood and does not go over every little thing I am looking at a min of 90 days right?
      Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
      There are two issues.

1. Getting a Discharge and
      2. The Trustee's administration of the case

One has nothing to do with the other. Assuming no creditor objects to the entry of a Discharge, the Discharge will be entered no earlier than 61 days after your 341 meeting.

The Trustee's administration of the case may take less or more time than the time it takes to enter a Discharge. If you are a no asset case, the Trustee might even shut his file down the day after the 341. However, you have indicated that you had a business. If that is correct, the Trustee may want additional information from you to make sure all is on the up & up.

Comment

In response to:

"So if he is in a good mood and does not go over every little thing I am looking at a min of 90 days right?"

Correct but as the courts are pretty backed up I tell my clients to expect the discharge about 90 days after the 341. Oh, don't forget: A Discharge cannot be entered until you file the Financial Management (debtor education or pre discharge) Certificate.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X