top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wells Fargo freezing HELOC with ex-hubby's name on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo freezing HELOC with ex-hubby's name on it?

Got a call today from the ex-hubby; seems that Wells Fargo has frozen the HELOC loan on the house. Guess he tried to go on-line yesterday to make a payment and the loan was gone; his savings account was there, but it wouldn't allow him to make a payment.

He called them and was told that since I filed bankruptcy they froze the account; he tried to explain to them that we're divorced and he still lives in the house. He also told them that I filed bankruptcy, he didn't. The lady told him that since WE no longer meet their standards for the loan that they froze the account. She also stated that a letter was being sent out to us and my attorney asking for signature to start sending statements out again. She also told him that HE would no longer have on-line access to the account.

Is this right? They can freeze the account and lock him out of it because I filed? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sue
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
    9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
    Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

As long as your name is on it, they can lock him out of online access. He can always refinance your name off of it and get online access back.

Comment

Hi stormy,

They can freeze the account and lock him out of it because I filed?

Apparently this is SOP (standard operating procedure) when someone files BK
      If ex-hubby wants to keep the loan, the bank will have somewhere he can mail payments. If he keeps the loan current, the bank may not quibble about anything...more profitable than foreclosing. BUT...you never know with financial outfits these days....'helpmeout' posted the worst case scenario.

Good luck with it all,

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X