GMAC Auto Finance-great to work with!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMAC Auto Finance-great to work with!

GMAC Auto Finance has already sent the loan reaffirmation papers to my lawyer with a copy sent to me. I had to call them this morning because I had automatic payments set up with one due to come out on Friday; I also received a statement in the mail from them on Saturday for the same payment.

After talking to a really nice gentlemen in the bankruptcy department; he looked at the account and confirmed that the automatic payment for Friday was suspended so I need to send in a check. He also informed me that once my bankruptcy is discharged I can resume on-line payments through their website.

GMAC has been great to work with!! They were very understanding and stated they wanted to help me retain my vehicle.

Whew!! Once less thing to worry about.
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
    9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
    Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Why are you reaffirming?
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Because GMAC informed me and my lawyer that if I wanted to keep my car they required it. I need it to get back and forth to work and I have two daughters; one lives in Wisconsin and the other lives about an hour away. Public transportation is not an option for me.
      Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
      9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
      Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

stormy, I have the same situation with Ford. I called them prior to filing to start working things out and they're actually quite reasonable. Once the reaff is done, I will look into modifying payments with them.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Ours is a lease with GMAC, we are not sure what we are going to do, out atty said to see what's out there and let him know after Labor day. As mentioned by stormy we also need a reliable vehicle when traveling to work to snow plow 3 a.m. and also with kids, my vehicle is 8 years old, and I am driving it until the wheel fall off.

Comment

I chose not to reaffirm my GMAC vehicle. So now we are just waiting to see if they come and get it. We will remain current on it as we do want to keep it. We just decided we didn't want to become obligated to that payment. Who knows what the future holds? We were discharged almost a month ago. Does anyone know how long it might take them if they decide to take it back?

Comment

My lawyer told us a month or two, but its hard to be exact.
              We have a payment due the 15th of Sept, so I hope we can find something before then so we don't have to make that large payment.

Comment

current

Hi all,
                .....not at all surprising auto lenders are helpful with reaffirmations, they are in the best interest for the lender. They don't take a loss on the loan and you can't get rid of the debt for at least 8 yrs.

...if you stay current through the BK it is most likely they will not repossess, they lose money if they do. And courts are ruling they cannot repossess if you stay current, that a BK is not a breach of contract.

For me, a low-mileage used car is the way to go. I multiplied my car payment by 12 and figured about 1/2 of that would pay for some excellent car maintenance. Plus I was pleasantly surprised when I got my insurance bill....

Good luck to all of you!

Tom in Colo
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X