top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They took documentation that is not showing up on PACER! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They took documentation that is not showing up on PACER! HELP!

I filed pro se a couple of weeks ago. When I got the notice of deficiency, the only thing missing was the complete address of one of the creditors (I forgot the zip code!). The deadline for submitting the zip code is on the 08/25/10. We raced down the courthouse on Friday the 20th and submitted the address on the paper they sent us. The clerk said that would not give us a receipt. Were we supposed to give them $26.00? Was this considered an amendment? Just for the zip code?

It has not been entered into Pacer. We called the bk court today (Monday) and they told us to wait one more day. However, I looked tonight , and it still is not on there, but another document is : For Services of Notices Pursuant to Fed. R. Bankr. P. 2002 (g). What is this? Is this just the address that Bank of America wants notifications sent to?

Also, if that document was entered on Pacer today, why not the document we gave them on the 20th? I'm very worried that my bk will be dismissed because they didn't put in the zip code! Who knows where that paper went!

Because the clerk said she wouldn't give us a receipt, we have no proof we handed it in! I'll never fall for that again? Is it because we didn't pay anything???

The 25th is on Wednesday!!!! Help!!!!!
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

Please relax. To check your Creditor Matrix, just click on the " Creditor Mailing Matrix" in PACER, and generate a PDF of the list. (Take the defaults. Click "Run Report") You will then click "View Labels" and will be charged at least $0.08 for it. Just check that the address has been added correctly!

Not everything gets entered on PACER. All you did was update the mailing matrix which is not a "docketed" event unless you submit a "Local Form" certification of the matrix.

If they were going to pounce on your for the fee, you would have received a Deficiency Notice for the fee. I believe, and don't quote me, that most Districts don't charge for an "address" correction for a creditor already on the Matrix.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I have thoroughly checked the documents and they have NOT fixed the address. I don't know why. The paper they sent me told me that if I did not change it by the 25th it might be dismissed. That's why I'm worried. I don't want to have it dismissed, especially over a zip code! When I called the bk office they sounded very nonchalant, as if it wasn't important. If it wasn't important, why did they tell me that it was to begin with?

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Please relax. To check your Creditor Matrix, just click on the " Creditor Mailing Matrix" in PACER, and generate a PDF of the list. (Take the defaults. Click "Run Report") You will then click "View Labels" and will be charged at least $0.08 for it. Just check that the address has been added correctly!

Not everything gets entered on PACER. All you did was update the mailing matrix which is not a "docketed" event unless you submit a "Local Form" certification of the matrix.

If they were going to pounce on your for the fee, you would have received a Deficiency Notice for the fee. I believe, and don't quote me, that most Districts don't charge for an "address" correction for a creditor already on the Matrix.
      November 2010

Comment

They usually won't dismiss for an address of a creditor. Sounds dumb. Am I reading correctly that you did get a deficiency notice?
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The deficiency notice was because one creditor out of 20 listed had an "incomplete" address. I put all the addresses for all of the OC and the CA. On Pacer it still has the incomplete address. This particular creditor was a CC for a store that went bankrupt so the only valid address is for the CA. I forgot to type in the zip code.

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          They usually won't dismiss for an address of a creditor. Sounds dumb. Am I reading correctly that you did get a deficiency notice?
          November 2010

Comment

creditor address error

Hello BankruptinNJ,

If they dismiss your case over a creditor zip code, maybe they are trying to win the "Roughest BK court in America" prize..

We had 4 creditors with incorrect addresses, the BK notices came to our house as undeliverable. We got the right address and sent the BK notices on. Then the court wanted the correct addresses on the same format as the original matrix. No filing, no amending, no charge besides a few stamps.

Our court only gives receipts on money transactions. For paper transactions, we had their copy and our copy. They would use a time/date stamp on both copies.

The "service of notices" is just someone getting added to the mailing list for your case. We had one when a national company employed a local firm to represent them. Another was to get mail to the right division within the company.

You got done what they wanted by the deadline, and it is a minor issue anyhow.

You will be fine, take a deep breath, let it out slowly, go to your happy place...

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X