after 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after 341

i think our 341 meeting today went okay. i'm wondering what happens next. when will we find out about our case being discharged?
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
    341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
    Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

watch PACER

Hello nomoneyhoney,

Great news the 341 is done ! Now what you do is use PACER to look for a trustees report of no distribution and/or a motion to abandon the assets followed by the trustee asking to be discharged from the case. After that, you are pretty much home free.....

You are on your way!

Tom in Colo
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Tom in Colo,

What is the average time frame from the 341 mtg to when the trustee files report? I wonder if it depends on the trustee's file load.

Comment

int he district we were in they waited the exact 60 day waiting period for objections (which apparently there were none), and then the VERY next day, issued both the discharge and the order approving the trustee's report of no distribution.

i think it just may depend on the courts...i was surprised it went so quickly...and impressed.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
          Hello nomoneyhoney,

Great news the 341 is done ! Now what you do is use PACER to look for a trustees report of no distribution and/or a motion to abandon the assets followed by the trustee asking to be discharged from the case. After that, you are pretty much home free.....

You are on your way!

Tom in Colo
          Tom,
          Thank you so much for all the help! I'm so happy I'm done with my 341.
          Now, all I have to do is wait. =)

Comment

Hi Tom

My case is the trustees report of no distribution and a motion to abandon the assets. Why both?

nomoneyhoney

I'm also waiting. Feel better now. I also got this: this case is pending for one month. Wonder what that means though?
            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
              Hi Tom

My case is the trustees report of no distribution and a motion to abandon the assets. Why both?

nomoneyhoney

I'm also waiting. Feel better now. I also got this: this case is pending for one month. Wonder what that means though?
              Hi wnguyen,
              I think what that means is your case is a no-asset to distribute to your creditors and whatever assets you have, the trustee is abandoning all claims.

I can't wait until I get that kind of notice on pacer. How long after your 341 did you get this notice?

Comment

trustees report of no distribution and a motion to abandon the assets

many times is more important than the discharge itself...(personal opinion). however, remember this also means that any valid liens, such as mortgages now revert back to you...even if you surrenedered your house and the mortgage was discharged.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

trustee report

Hi all,

time from 341 to trustee report seems to be highly variable, even within a district. After 30 days I got nervous and called our trustees office and they said it was b/c of a backlog due to the number of cases. Took ~45 days here in N. Colo.

The dual report is double good news. You must have had something, car, house, dog, with some value but not enough for the trustee to bother with.

Its all yours now, enjoy!

And if someone knows how to get GMAC mortgage to hurry up and foreclose please tell me the secret....

Tom in Colo
                  Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Nomoneyhoney

I just checked PACER yesterday and found out about my case. It took the trustee 8 days after 341 to enter the information into the system. Probably it was because of the workload. The state has the highest number of cases filed since early 80s, according to one local news station.

tobe43 and Tom in Colo

I currently have 2 cars in my name. One is for me and one I co-signed for my brother in 2007. Both still have large $$ owed to Toyota and Chase and the current values of the cars are approximately the same as the amounts owed. That's probably why the trustee abandoned them.
                    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X