Chapter 7 to 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit reports

and go at them like a hammer on a nail that can't be driven in.

This is what gets it done.
    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      The courts now have the ability to verify electronically and it is very difficult to get a bankruptcy removed because of this.
      of course, i have no doubt of that. i was certainly impressed at how rapid our bk went because of the new electronic systems in place.

however, the people at the top 3 credit reporting agencies are not always as efficient as the actual court system itself.

many are lazy, incompetents....and simply must remove the information because they lacked completing the task within the allotted "legal" time frame. i have done it myself....the creditor never answers back to the inquiry and many of the incompetents will not bother checking even what's at their fingertips.

but they most certainly can check the bk electronically, if they are the few that do their jobs...with a click, which is easier that PACER they can verify a bankruptcy, and of course not remove it once it's been verified.

i just think now they are overwhelmed with masses of persons questioning their reports...this could be a benefit for those attempting to get items remove. just my opinion and only based on what i have experienced...and you know what one's says about those! LOL!
      Last edited by tobee43; 08-30-2010, 04:41 AM. Reason: typos r me
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        of course, i have no doubt of that. i was certainly impressed at how rapid our bk went because of the new electronic systems in place.

however, the people at the top 3 credit reporting agencies are not always as efficient as the actual court system itself.

many are lazy, incompetents....and simply must remove the information because they lacked completing the task within the allotted "legal" time frame. i have done it myself....the creditor never answers back to the inquiry and many of the incompetents will not bother checking even what's at their fingertips.

but they most certainly can check the bk electronically, if they are the few that do their jobs...with a click, which is easier that PACER they can verify a bankruptcy, and of course not remove it once it's been verified.

i just think now they are overwhelmed with masses of persons questioning their reports...this could be a benefit for those attempting to get items remove. just my opinion and only based on what i have experienced...and you know what one's says about those! LOL!
        Wishful thinking.....

The entire verification process is done electronically on both ends. Once you file the dispute, it is entered electronically and one system connects with a clearing house system which verifies automatically based on electronic data that automatically by the courts. This system has been in place for quite a few years now. There is no paper shuffling any more. The systems are very different than they were 10 years or even 5 years ago. There is an electronic verification system, and it is very difficult to bypass that.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Wishful thinking.....

The entire verification process is done electronically on both ends. Once you file the dispute, it is entered electronically and one system connects with a clearing house system which verifies automatically based on electronic data that automatically by the courts. This system has been in place for quite a few years now. There is no paper shuffling any more. The systems are very different than they were 10 years or even 5 years ago. There is an electronic verification system, and it is very difficult to bypass that.
          i'm not referring to "their" meaning the court's system as a whole....

it's also ones system of writing a letter to one of the 3 reporting agencies...on paper...not via computer...i am quite aware of the systems in place by the courts, i worked with them when they first began to surface...this is not what i'm referring to at all.

once an inquiry is received in "writing" on old fashsioned 8 x 11 "paper".....it goes to someone's cubie...they have to deal with entering the request either via computer......electronically.. or the actual paper.

there are ways around every system.
          Last edited by tobee43; 08-30-2010, 05:22 AM.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

oh..and i can't forget to mention....these "electronically" driven reporting systems are well known to be riddled with error and inconsistency ....it reminds me of the "clearing house" connected with the court system which gather our information for our bankruptcy and had us presently living at an address.......get this:

WE HAD NOT LIVED AT FOR OVER 30 years. this report...which came directly from the court's reporting system was so incorrect it was unreal.....
            this along with too many numerous errors to court came from one of the "clearing houses" of misinformation.

you can still fight them tooth and nail...our address example alone, was an good indication that people still have to input this information into the system ....and people make BIG mistakes.

Comment

i'm not referring to "their" meaning the court's system as a whole....

it's also ones system of writing a letter to one of the 3 reporting agencies...on paper...not via computer...i am quite aware of the systems in place by the courts, i worked with them when they first began to surface...this is not what i'm referring to at all.

once an inquiry is received in "writing" on old fashsioned 8 x 11 "paper".....it goes to someone's cubie...they have to deal with entering the request either via computer......electronically.. or the actual paper.

there are ways around every system.
              I agree with you for the most part. I just don't want to set the expectation that it will be easy or automatic. It will be rare and a fluke to get the bk removed, if it is possible at all.

Comment

If you can make a different address your primary then you have a decent shot.

Disputing thru Trans Union is best, I've gotten a lot of deletions thru them, Experian and Equifax just report everything as "verified" even when it's totally wrong.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I agree with you for the most part. I just don't want to set the expectation that it will be easy or automatic. It will be rare and a fluke to get the bk removed, if it is possible at all.
                  you are correct...not an easy task and success could be far and few...just a bit of hope.

you know, given this site and the situation most people are in when they come here, it appears that many times, one just wants to know ways on how to "get around" the system.

we all have to face the music...bite the bullet....take the smelly medicine like men and woman at some point.

Comment

you are correct...not an easy task and success could be far and few...just a bit of hope.

you know, given this site and the situation most people are in when they come here, it appears that many times, one just wants to know ways on how to "get around" the system.

we all have to face the music...bite the bullet....take the smelly medicine like men and woman at some point.
                    I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                      If you can make a different address your primary then you have a decent shot.

Disputing thru Trans Union is best, I've gotten a lot of deletions thru them, Experian and Equifax just report everything as "verified" even when it's totally wrong.
                      I agree that a different address helps, but as for the Public Record of the bk, I think that is much harder to get rid of since it goes by ss# and case number, not address.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X