Freaking out, mistakes submitted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking out, mistakes submitted!

We filed BK7 on 8/31 and I was printing the documents off tonight and noticed that there are some big $ mistakes on Schedule I and J that were inserted after I met with the lawyer on 8/30. His draft file to me on 8/28 had correct income and mostly correct expenses. Only one expense line needed corrected.

He was supposed to change a few things in the document, but nothing like this:
    He has my taxes $200 lower than paystub.
    He has my gross income $500 higher than paystub.
    He has my dmi at $100 instead of $-20

I sent him detailed numbers, with pay stubs and a spreadhseet showing all the math. I think he re-did the math (at the last second) using the assumption that I am paid every 2 weeks, when I am really paid twice a month. We are 3 weeks from our 341! Should i be calling and asking him to submit revised worksheets? If I do this should I expect him to cover the $26 fee?

arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

First, stop panicking. There may be a simple explanation or, yes a mistake that can be corrected. It's not a big deal. Mistakes happen. Call the attny on Monday to find out what happen and do not lose sleep between now and then. Also the $26 fee does not apply to amending Schedules I&J.

Comment

My lawyer had to amend both my schedule I and J after he had filed. It was no big deal I just met up with him and discussed the what needed to be changed. Presto chango the schedules were amended. It's good that you noticed the errors before your 341; that would have been a bummer.
      $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
      Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
      Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

Thank you both, I will call him Monday and see if he will make and file the necessary changes asap. He has been reluctant to move quickly thus far, and I am sure his response will be "The numbers are what they are, don't worry about it." But I can not go to my 341 knowing that his numbers are wrong and that they really leave us open to a lot of problems. Having a dmi of $100 is not only wrong math, but also could wreck our case.

Does amending the I and J make the trustee think we are fudging the math? I swear I have the pay stubs and can prove where the math went wrong, but I am just so nervous already that I do not want to have more questions asked.

Is it wrong to go to my 341 on Xanax? (if it's mine and legal?)
        Filed 8/31/10
        341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

In response to:

"Does amending the I and J make the trustee think we are fudging the math?"

No. The Trustee just thinks there was a mistake and you are correcting it. You have the right to amend your schedules.

Comment

Hi SunkShip,

If your attorney has been doing BKs for awhile, you can probably relax. Remember why you hired him in the first place. Call Monday, should be an easy fix.

Hang in there,

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X