Confused again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused again

Trying to go chapter 7. Giving up the house and car.

Without them, the heloc, and my cc's....I have plenty of extra cash. I will rent, and have to save for a car, but still look okay from the forms I see to fill out and will end up chapter 13. Believe me, I've gotten different figures every time I do the forms...could I be that "off"? With the overtime gone, which won't reflect a big difference until a few months, (though Oct I get paid 3 times) it might help, but I'm petrified.

Sorry, not much info, just frustrated. My lawyer INSISTS this is a cut and dry case, and not to worry. But I do and I am.

If you have a lawyer, then don't worry. You pay them to worry and figure out what Chapter of Bankruptcy you can file and will receive a discharge in. So... don't worry.

Just because your self-completion of the forms yields strange numbers, doesn't mean that your attorney is having the same issue. Almost all attorneys use specialized computer software specific to Bankruptcy cases that does all the math, calculations, and assists with ensuring that the proper amounts are used in the right places and on the right forms!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Panacea,

Even as detailed as I am with numbers, my numbers still came out somewhat different from my attorney's numbers. This is why I hired him. Remember why you hired this specific attorney, who does this for a living, and is emotionally uninvolved in your or any of his/her clients' cases. Their job is to be objective and do right by you. Remember why you hired them...breathe.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X