Going forward with Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going forward with Chapter 7

Half of my attorney fees are paid and planning to file no later then Nov, might be October. I had some MAJOR issues excepting this in my head the past few weeks, as I'm sure you all did. But after being able to separate all the emotions out of the equation, this is the most rational thing to do. If not now, it would happen in the near future and I'd be in worse shape by then.

I did have doubts about my lawyer, but sorted that out. He was so calm and sure of the situation and I was flipping out in my head! He made this seem like a piece of cake, when I felt the world crumbling around me. Well, thankfully he is handling this mess and not me! I could never do pro-se! I spoke to several other attorneys, who all agreed with him. Three of them asked why I was doubting this certain attorney (because I'm a FREAK!...nah, just because I was so worried that he wasn't worried! Thought maybe he just didn't care) and asked if I cared to mention his name and they would give their opinion. I thought they would say they could do better and I should come to them. But ALL three knew him personally and thought very highly of him. They said I was in the best hands, and this guy knows his stuff, been doing it for years and doing it GOOD and if he had ANY issues about my case, he wouldn't have taken it. They explained this man is straight forward and no bullshit. Which I do like on a normal day, but I guess I was thinking he should've been joining me in the pre-BK pity party I was having!

So, I'm going in............hope I make it out alive! For the first time in a year, I feel a tad optimistic through all the fear and disappointment.

Thanks to everyone here for your advice and kindness.

And the optimism will continue to grow...barely noticeable at first. You'll be fine, trust your attorney. Just make sure you review everything prior to filing, even the good ones make mistakes. Congrats!
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks and I will! I don't feel so much like a victim today...but who knows what tomorrow will bring ;).

The pipe dreams of things just working themselves out, or the money will just pop up somehow, or someone/something will save me are gone. It is what it is and this is what I have to do.

Comment

You have to remember your attorney does this for a living. He has probably seen it all. And it doesn't phase him b/c it's not his life. Just put trust into him and let him handle the dirty work now....LOL Time to take a breather and start to live life again. At least that's how I'm looking at it
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

we all have had the same exact feelings as what you're going through.

sorting out the emotions, guilt, stress...fear..it just gets to you.

do yourself one favor. we had an excellent atty...i mean excellent....but i can't tell you how many mistakes were made by his office....so make certain you review EVERYTHING...and when i say EVERYTHING...i mean every single document, all your answers, creditors list etc...very carefully.

the staff at my atty's office although claiming to be a para legal...no way in the world...she made so many errors i had to correct the petition 4 times prior to it be submitted. answer everything truthfully...even if it hurts...LOL!!! the good thing about the truth is you don't have to remember it because it's just truth!

you alone are your best advocate...yes, trust your atty to do all the legal filings and arguments...but ONLY trust yourself with YOUR information since there is no way the atty's office can know that for certain.

what an absolute MESS my info was...they had incorp their "credit report" into my petition...it had me at an address i hadn't lived at for over 40 years....

you will be fine...i'm certain. just don't sign anything until you have had the time to have a few days to go over everything well!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X