Voluntary Surrender in 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary Surrender in 04

I posted this in another thread but I didn't get any responses. So I will try here:

I gave a vehicle back in 04 and was sued by the company in like 06. They tried to get me to pay and I didn't and it was left alone for awhile. In like 08 I had to go back to court to discuss making pmt. Talked to a lady and we agreed on pmt and she was suppossed to send paperwork to me before I made pmt. I never received anything so no pmt was ever made. Fast forward to today I'm going to be filing soon and haven't heard anything else from them. It says on my CR that it should be removed in OCT 2010. Just wondering what are the chances of that happening? I know it will be included in my BK just wondering if I will get lucky and it will be removed before than! Lol!
    Filed:11/2010
    341 Meeting:1/5/2011
    Discharge:3/2011

If the last time you made a payment was 2003, then it must come off in 2010. If you had actually made payment in 2006 or 2008, it could legally be kept on your report until 2013 or 2015, respectively. It's all based on the "last activity date".

Even if you file bankruptcy, the item will just go to IIB (included in bankruptcy) status. It should still fall off in 2010 because of the last activity date. If it doesn't, just file a dispute.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Justbroke thanks so much for the information. That is what I was hoping because I know that it has affected my interest rates on things and I just want it off so once I start repairing my credit I will be in a better situation!
      Filed:11/2010
      341 Meeting:1/5/2011
      Discharge:3/2011

Comment

Originally posted by MeLLE159 View Post
        Justbroke thanks so much for the information. That is what I was hoping because I know that it has affected my interest rates on things and I just want it off so once I start repairing my credit I will be in a better situation!
        I agree with justbroke. The item will come off of your reports no later than November 2010. It will say included in bankruptcy and show a zero balance. If it is reaged because of the bankruptcy, you should be able to dispute it off your reports as an item that is older than 7 years old.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X