Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Town after 341

Hi all,
    Filed last week.. have 341 early November.. planning on being out of town for one week in mid November and 1 week in December. this will occur after the 341 meeting and prior to 60th day discharge..
    Ive asked my lawyer and they say its fine.. but just wanted to get some feedback if anyone has been notified to produce info/docs/etc while in the 60-day period?

Thanks in advance

I asked my lawyer if I could take my family to Disneyland post-341 and pre-discharge, he said it wasn't a problem. I would however like to hear a second opinion...ot third, etc.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
      I asked my lawyer if I could take my family to Disneyland post-341 and pre-discharge, he said it wasn't a problem. I would however like to hear a second opinion...ot third, etc.
      LOL!!! joe...it's disneyworld here if you don't want to pay for the hotel.......LOL!!!

we had to go out of town because of a surgery i required out of state. it was no problem and believe me, by the time your 341 is schedule, if you have a good atty, you will know before you leave what may be missing.

however, i do suggest, as i did, to notify you atty's office you will not be available for those times. (actually for me it was 2 times as well....and i had to go to two different states). we did not have any problem.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Call me paranoid, but I would wait. If you can afford to take the family to Disney than you can fund a chapter 13.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
          Call me paranoid, but I would wait. If you can afford to take the family to Disney than you can fund a chapter 13.
          I do not agree. Bankruptcy is very stressful, and it is very good to regroup and release some of the stress after the 341. This trip will be paid for with cash since ccsjoe will have already bk'ed on all his cards, so what he spends his cash on is his business.

As to leaving after the 341, the only risk I see, is if for some reason your 341 is continued to one of the dates you will be out of town and you have prepaid for hotel, flights etc that will have to be changed. This is a very very slim chance though. The US Trustee, and your local panel trustee will communicate through your lawyer, so as long as you check your email and your phone messages while you are away, you should be fine.
          Last edited by backtoschool; 10-01-2010, 08:10 AM.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

See, told you I was paranoid, lol. I could really use a few nights away....are you sure it won't have an effect on the BK? If it matters, we are over the median.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
              joe was just kidding....really....i'm certain...RIGHT joe!!!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                I do not agree. Bankruptcy is very stressful, and it is very good to regroup and release some of the stress after the 341. This trip will be paid for with cash since ccsjoe will have already bk'ed on all his cards, so what he spends his cash on is his business.

As to leaving after the 341, the only risk I see, is if for some reason your 341 is continued to one of the dates you will be out of town and you have prepaid for hotel, flights etc that will have to be changed. This is a very very slim chance though. The US Trustee, and your local panel trustee will communicate through your lawyer, so as long as you check your email and your phone messages while you are away,. you should be fine.
                you know backtoshcool...you make a good point in all seriousness...we were so stressed for so long.

after our discharge i put away a few dollars and we looked on the net and decided we would go away for 4 days....we went to put the money in the bank to put a deposit on the mini vaca....but i just couldn't do it.

i said....you know...this little place we moved into still needs a few odds and ends...and really the money would be well spent if we just did some of those repairs and purchased a BIG bottle of grey goose and vaca'd on the back porch and watched the sunset...LOL!!!

we ended up not going...but we will plan on something in a few months. it's just still the guilt and all the terrible things of all this stress of the bk and move are difficult to shake.

but you're correct, one surely would be fine.

Comment

OK, my answer has taken a life of its own. Sunshine ,yes you are pleasantly paranoid, and normally I would be wary and cautious of undertaking a quasi 2K trip during the post 341 pre-discharge period. However, due to my being very involved in how my paperwork was put together and having a top notch attorney who agreed to being challenged by me and vice versa, this trip (or to any other destination or purchase of a 60" LED, whatever) is actually already covered in the petition. The funding comes from a class action settlement which was exempted as a future asset on the petition. No secrets to trustee or UST there. Still no money to fund a 13 either. Number magic....LOL

And tobee, no Joe was not kidding.

B2S, totally agree. A family vaca post filing is certainly a nice treat after dealing with all the stress..it might even keep me away from PACER for a week!!!
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Speaking of guilt. I picked up two shirts at $12 a piece in Walmart, of all places, and I put them back. I kept telling myself they're too expensive and I can't afford them and that I need to save up for moving to a new place! Talk about paranoid!
                    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, i figured i should be ok but just wanted to double-check..

Comment

OK, my answer has taken a life of its own. Sunshine ,yes you are pleasantly paranoid, and normally I would be wary and cautious of undertaking a quasi 2K trip during the post 341 pre-discharge period. However, due to my being very involved in how my paperwork was put together and having a top notch attorney who agreed to being challenged by me and vice versa, this trip (or to any other destination or purchase of a 60" LED, whatever) is actually already covered in the petition. The funding comes from a class action settlement which was exempted as a future asset on the petition. No secrets to trustee or UST there. Still no money to fund a 13 either. Number magic....LOL

B2S, totally agree. A family vaca post filing is certainly a nice treat after dealing with all the stress..it might even keep me away from PACER for a week!!!
                        I highly doubt even being on the teacup ride will make you keep you from checking pacer by thumb-typing your info into your iphone while you are spinning around to mickey and goofy singing "its a small world after all".
                        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                          I highly doubt even being on the teacup ride will make you keep you from checking pacer by thumb-typing your info into your iphone while you are spinning around to mickey and goofy singing "its a small world after all".
                          You almost know me well enough....however, not an iphone....LOL.

Comment

NO WAY JOE, you're gonna take your laptop along with you and check PACER when you can sneak it to the bathroom without anyone knowing. LOL
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                              NO WAY JOE, you're gonna take your laptop along with you and check PACER when you can sneak it to the bathroom without anyone knowing. LOL
                              Thanks for that vote of confidence Oregon, glad to see that strong level of faith in me is unblemished there bud!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X