top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your income when you filed Ch. 7? Curious how high it can be with exemp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your income when you filed Ch. 7? Curious how high it can be with exemp...

Just curious what everyone's income was when they filed. I know about the means test and the schedules and such. So, I'm curious how high of an income with the right exemptions, etc. has actually gotten through a Ch.7. Anyone willing to share??
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Can I get back to you in a few days? I am one of the low means test numbers but increase since then filers. My 341 is next week so I will know more about what will pass and what I get slammed on by then.
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

That's scary! I'll cross my fingers for you!
      As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Let you know after the 341 as well. Unless you want to look up CA limits, in which case I'm almost 17K above.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I'm in NY. I have a family of four (including me, my child and 2 elderly parents). My income was approximately $81,100 and the median is approximately $82,000. I was $900 under. As you can see by my signature, I already had my 341. I have a no-asset case. My income wasn't an issue.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

we had exempt income....protected under the ss act....

unemployment and ss
            the only amount they could count was the pension....so we were good...

if you added the all up...i don't even want to tell you!! LOL!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Median income for family size is $70k/yr; household income is $170k/yr. Thought I was going to have to file Ch13 but thanks to all of the allowed expenses I was able to file Ch7. Our 341 was held 28 days ago and trustee filed report of distribution day after 341. I have been checking Pacer like a madman everyday and seen anything filed and haven't heard anything from lawyer nor trustee.
              $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
              Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
              Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

Holy Crap! That's a huge chunk of exemptions! I'd love to see your paperwork! Amazing, and congratulations!

Comment

Haven't been discharged yet but I sure am counting the days.
                  $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
                  Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
                  Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X