top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paperwork is ready, just need to get attorney paid off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paperwork is ready, just need to get attorney paid off...

We got a call from our attorney's office yesterday and they said we are ready to go, they just need the rest of the fee. My husband is taking his unemployment money over to them today (again) and then we should (hopefully) be able to pay them off when he gets his next unemployment check. Got the notice yesterday that he has 10 weeks of unemployment left - and he still hasn't had a single interview! We have been raking over our budget to try and bring our expenses down to within my income before the UI runs out. We did at least manage to talk our apartment management into lowering our rent by $200 - that helped!

The waiting is just so stressful! I'm a nervous wreck! If it weren't for this forum I don't know what I'd do. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I will be able to join the "filed" club!

Just wanted to take a minute to say "thanks" to everyone on here for all of the helpful advise and words of encouragement. I don't know how I would have gotten through the paperwork without the knowledge gained here!
    Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Congratulations, and once you file and the phones stop ringing, you'll start to feel the "relief"!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That's amazing that you could get your rent lowered by $200! Way to work on lowering your expenses to match your income! Good luck!
      Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
      Attended 341 September 2010
      Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Congratulations, and once you file and the phones stop ringing, you'll start to feel the "relief"!
        I know! We already had to change our number once and have it unlisted. We were getting 50+ phone calls a day and I ended up in the hospital for 3 days due to stress! They haven't tracked down the new number yet, but I know it's just a matter of time.

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
        That's amazing that you could get your rent lowered by $200! Way to work on lowering your expenses to match your income! Good luck!
        If only my car was going to be paid off this October, instead of next October...
        Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

Mrs. tells me that in five days it will be THREE years she has been on unemployment. I hate taking it from others, and a record not proud to hold. She is over qualified for what she does and either there are job freezes in her field, or younger less qualified and cheaper are hired. So she just keeps putting her weeks in, and they get renewed. It has been a good safety net and makes it a bit easier since we are all cash now. I refuse to order more checks and we have only a debit card. It stops working when the money is not there and that is the way I want it. Just keep putting weeks in after the ten, see if it is not renewed. It may take a while, or reapply for extension however we did not have to reapply. It just kicked in automatic. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X