Totally broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally broken

I have $120k in debt and I got a judgement against me for $150k from ex partner and that is my debt.

I have a house and I have $40k equity in that house. I make $120k per year.

Now this judgment took wind out of me, have no mood for job or anything.

I am thinking about resign job and let house forclose and car reposses and Go in hiding in different country (I am an immigrant).

come back in 5 months and file for Ch 7 and start fresh.

Can I do this?

If you quit your job now and leave the country, can you return and find an equivalent job in 5 months?
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitreal View Post
      If you quit your job now and leave the country, can you return and find an equivalent job in 5 months?
      Be honest with you I don't know. But getting job is a not big deal for my skill set. Why you asking?

Comment

Originally posted by dumass View Post
        Be honest with you I don't know. But getting job is a not big deal for my skill set. Why you asking?
        I'm asking because I have been looking for an equivalent job to the one I was laid off from, and I have been unsuccessful for over a year.

I can understand why you want to leave and come back in 5 months when you can file a Chapter 7.

I just hate to see you lose $40k in equity in your home and lose your job because someone got a judgment against you.

Are you 100% sure you can't file Chapter 7 immediately, exempt your equity, and keep working?

It's amazing what the right lawyer can accomplish sometimes.

Comment

Why quit your job?
          If bk is the endgame, get yourself to a bk lawyer now and get all of your options explained. Most bk lawyers give free or lowcost initial consultations.

Comment

I'm asking because I have been looking for an equivalent job to the one I was laid off from, and I have been unsuccessful for over a year.

I can understand why you want to leave and come back in 5 months when you can file a Chapter 7.

I just hate to see you lose $40k in equity in your home and lose your job because someone got a judgment against you.

Are you 100% sure you can't file Chapter 7 immediately, exempt your equity, and keep working?

file chapter 7 making 120k ? good luck
            Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
            Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
            Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I know it is hard for me to leave my house like that. Initially I explored Ch 13, but after Ch 13, that judgement still lingers. So one attorney suggested this route, lose job and file ch 7 would discharge that judgement.

I would rather lose everything than pay that judgement rest of my good life.

If I do like I said, is there any legal issues to file Ch 7 with foreclosed house and repossed car?

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
                file chapter 7 making 120k ? good luck
                I am quitting job and filing in 5 months with 5 months worth of paycheck with all ZEROS.

Comment

is there any legal issues to file Ch 7 with foreclosed house and repossed car?
                  No, people file Chapter 7 with foreclosures and repossessions on their records all the time. I had a repossession on my record when I filed.

Comment

I have $120k in debt and I got a judgement against me for $150k from ex partner and that is my debt.

I have a house and I have $40k equity in that house. I make $120k per year.

Now this judgment took wind out of me, have no mood for job or anything.

i

I am thinking about resign job and let house forclose and car reposses and Go in hiding in different country (I am an immigrant).

come back in 5 months and file for Ch 7 and start fresh.

Can I do this?

if you leave for 10 years and come back..everything will be gone...so if you can...i'd just leave it all and go back home for a while...(by the way including student loans would be gone...)....also consider filing bk in the country you are going to many countries will recognize usa debt and honor the bk. something to think about.
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

No family?
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=drowning123;459446]No family?[/QUO

wife and two kids.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                          No family?
                          oh i would! for sure....just think about drowning....no more boy toys to buy....no more dirty grass stained jeans to wash...yeap...i'd leave in a ny minute..on the boat...or plane...or even by canoe...if need be.
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Remember that guy who posted a few months ago about taking a $400K job when he only make about $200K at the time of filing? He filed for chap 7.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
                              Remember that guy who posted a few months ago about taking a $400K job when he only make about $200K at the time of filing? He filed for chap 7.
                              way??? come on??? no??? LOL!!!! only 400k....poor dude...my heart is crying now for him.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X