chapter 7 cash question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debee View Post
    OP? I understand that it refers to the person who posted the thread, but not what it stands for. help?
    Original Poster
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

thanks... i will add up my paystubs from the past 6 months again today and divide that by 6 and put that as my gross thanks again guys
      Filed Chapter 7 on 10/26/2010, Meeting 341 on: 1/19/2011 PLEASE DONT DISMISS ME!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greg2169 View Post
        also is it ok to use PO boxes that my creditors have in my filing?
        EX:
        collections
        po box 1 harrisburg pa 20000

that is just an example but is a po box ok to use for the creditor to be listed?
        Absolutely
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

OP? I understand that it refers to the person who posted the thread, but not what it stands for. help?
          Original Poster
          Filed Ch. 7: 10-28-2010 Report of No Distribution: 12-16-2010 Disharged and Closed 2-18-1011

Comment

alright so this is what i am coming up with for 6 month average:
            your net income totals 2416.98
            the expenses that you listed on the expense page totals 1999
            your income minus expenses is 417.98

is this going to be a problem? i have never in my life brought home $2400, that would be great but this avg is basically from the ot over the summer
            Filed Chapter 7 on 10/26/2010, Meeting 341 on: 1/19/2011 PLEASE DONT DISMISS ME!!!!!

Comment

If you never brought home $2,400, then there is something wrong with what you input. You can only average $2,400 if you made more than that at "some" point. Having disposable income over $182.50 (or $109.58) could push you into a Chapter 13.

Did yo use the means test at Legal Consumer?
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

no i did not use that means test... i added up all my gross salary from each paycheck over the 6 months and divided it by 6 came to 3268.03 then i did the same with the taxes avg came to 667.23 then did the same for insurance avg came to 183.82 then when i scrolled down that is the number it came up with was the 2416.98

i def do not want a ch 13 i do not want to worry about making any type of payments

Comment

Go to Legal Consumer and use their means test. You're probably leaving out a bunch of things in your math.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi greg,

i added up all my gross salary from each paycheck over the 6 months and divided it by 6 came to 3268.03

You pass the means test even with the extra you made. To fail the means test you need to making over 4K in NJ

Now you need to work on Schd I & J These are 'forward looking' so you use projected income, not past.

Tom in Colo
                    Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

I believe Original Poster, who started the thread. 'Hub

EDIT: Whooops did I post to an old post? Sorry, I didn't see page two.
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X