Confused a bit on the look back period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused a bit on the look back period?

I am sure it's a silly simple question...
    I understand it is two years, but is it two years from the date I see an attorney or the date I actually file my papers. I will not be ready to file for a few months (don't have enough funds to do so yet). But I would like to start talking to various attorneys so when I am ready to go I know whom to hire. Am I better of waiting until after the two years has elasped?

Thank you
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Look-back period for what? There's a lot of look-back periods in bankruptcy . . . prior discharges, preferences, fraudulent conveyances . . . to name a few.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

The look-back of income, etc. is 6 months from the date you file. You are required to provide 2 years' taxes.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I believe Epic is asking about transfers. The disclosure requirement (Question 10 - SOFA) is 2 years prior to the filing date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X