should i be nervous?
    what to expect?
    i'll let u guys know how it went

thanks
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Mine is this week too.

I AM nervous....just not sure what they'll ask us and don't want to put my foot in it. We are over median - had some 707b review questions to answer to the ust office. Hope we slide right on through this meeting fast and easy

Good luck to you!

Comment

Good luck scorpion and drowning. Come back and let us know how smooth it went.
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNIL View Post
        Mine is this week too.

I AM nervous....just not sure what they'll ask us and don't want to put my foot in it. We are over median - had some 707b review questions to answer to the ust office. Hope we slide right on through this meeting fast and easy

Good luck to you!
        when did u have the 707b review?

Good luck to u to

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
          when did u have the 707b review?

Good luck to u to
          we got a letter in the mail from our attorney's office about 12 days after we filed with about a dozen questions the ust wanted answered or documented. They said they are doing a 707b review on our case and we had a couple days to get it completed and sent to them. hope we are off the hook now & will get through the 341 without any more scrutiny.

Comment

I can speak to what to expect in one of the Ohio based bankruptcy court's 341 meetings, having attended some with the attorney for whom I work. Hearings are held in a hearing room (it's just a room) not a court room. The hearings are open to the public... everyone there is there for the same reason you are - chapter 7, same trustee as you have. You can go in ahead of time and listen to the case(s) before you so you know what to expect. Firstly you will be asked to provide your driver's license and ss card. Those will be checked to your petition to ensure name, address, and SS# are correct. You will be sworn to tell the truth, probably shown the original petition and asked if the signatures contained within the document are yours. You will likely be asked if anything has changed since the filing of your petition (new job, loss of job, etc). In the ones I attended all the trustees asked how much the bankruptcy attorney was paid for his/her services. Following this you'll be asked a series of questions... most of the answers of which are found in Form 7 of your petition (i.e. any payments to any one creditor, $600 or more within 90 days prior to filing; any payments to family members for monies owed; any transfers of property within a prescribed period of time; if you have a really high amount of unsecured debt you might be asked to explain when and how you incurred it; ) In our 341's they do 6-8 hearings per hour. Your creditors have 60 days from the date of the 341 to object to your discharge/any or the discharge of their debt. They would do this by filing a motion with the bankruptcy court outlining the basis for their objection (used the credit within 90 days of filing; fraudulently obtained the credit; took out the credit and never made an attempt to pay etct). Hearing no objections and provided you complete your 2nd credit counseling course within 45 days of the 341, your discharge will be issued by the court (typically the week that the 60 days occurs... in Toledo they are issued in batches, once per week. It's very rare for creditors to show up at the 341... 341, incidentally, refers to the section of bankruptcy code that gives creditors the privilege of showing up and asking you questions. Back when bankruptcy first began, it was actually creditors who forced people who owed them and weren't paying to file bankruptcy so they could take the debtors' belongings. Obviously, that has changed over the years... now it is rare that a creditor ever shows unless there's something very unusual about the situation (although ex-spouses have been known to show up).
            Any "suggestions" I offer are not to be deemed as legal advice, as I am not an attorney. "Suggestions" are offered solely based on my life experiences, education, and what I have observed in the work that I do.

Comment

Hi all,

The best cure for 341 jitters is to go attend a few. My best advice is to find out where they are,building, floor, room, and what the parking situation is going to be like

We went to the wrong building and were late....thank goodness our trustee was understanding and did not continue the meeting..

Tom in Colo
              Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
                Hi all,

The best cure for 341 jitters is to go attend a few. My best advice is to find out where they are,building, floor, room, and what the parking situation is going to be like

We went to the wrong building and were late....thank goodness our trustee was understanding and did not continue the meeting..

Tom in Colo
                Oooomphh, that's my fear. I'm a habitual procrastinator when it comes to leaving the house for anything with a set time and date. I'll probably be late to my own funeral. I'll have to take some Immodium and antacids before I leave the house to calm the old instestines. Maybe that was too much info. But I'm sure I'll have a headache at least before I'm out of the 341 when it's my turn.

Comment

Laurie thank you for all that great info.

We do have a large amt of unsecured debt. We are ready to answer.

Tom thanks. Ours is about 70 min away or that would be a good idea for us too.

Brokeded - yeah I'll be popping the stomach meds tomorrow morning.

We are going to get it all together today so we are ready and hope to God don't get lost or for whatever reason be late.

Even though this isn't my thread thanks for all the replies. I appreciate all the great info from this forum.

Comment

To everyone with a 341 coming up: if you don't know where your 341 is, or you are unfamiliar with the area, go take a Sunday drive today and familiarize yourself with the territory. Note where the parking is located and if there are any road construction obstacles along the way. Have plenty of quarters with you if you need to feed parking meters. On the day of the event, leave plenty early, in case there are traffic problems that day.

The night before, try to get a good night's sleep--can be difficult, I know. Have everything you need to bring either by the door, or in the car so you don't forget it.

Here is a link to a sticky created by Laz, our administrator, that lists some of the standard questions that are asked. Just answer 'yes' or 'no' as appropriate, and do not volunteer any information.

Good luck to all of you and let us know how it goes.
                    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-17-2010, 10:37 AM. Reason: Forgot the link.....*sigh*
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good luck scorpion and drowningNIL. It'll be a breeze. AngelinaCat's suggestion is exactly what happened to me. Lucky that I had plenty of time.
                      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

thanks guys for all the help and good luck wishes
                        i'll let u know how it went

Comment

Good luck scorpion & drowning. Be on time, keep it monosyllabic, and you'll be fine!!!
                          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                            Good luck scorpion and drowningNIL. It'll be a breeze. AngelinaCat's suggestion is exactly what happened to me. Lucky that I had plenty of time.
                            Thank you for the distinction on the names wnguyen. LOL.
                            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

My attorney got a "no seat belt" ticket on the way to my 341, but he was still there before me. I wasn't late. I got there a half hour before my appointed time of 10 AM, but didn't get called until about 11:25. I couldn't believe that while driving on the highway, the cop spotted that my attorney wasn't wearing a seatbelt!
                              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X