My 341 is coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
    Thank you for the distinction on the names wnguyen. LOL.
    LOL At first I thought you changed your own nick but it doesn't sound right and I right away realized that you used to have a signature line at ever post. Is there a third drowning here LOL

My attorney got a "no seat belt" ticket on the way to my 341, but he was still there before me. I wasn't late. I got there a half hour before my appointed time of 10 AM, but didn't get called until about 11:25. I couldn't believe that while driving on the highway, the cop spotted that my attorney wasn't wearing a seatbelt!
    You didn't get called an hour and a half later? Wow, that would just increase my anxiety up. About wearing seatbelt, your lawyer must have driven close to the cop sitting duck somewhere on the highway LOL.
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

It's just the 2 of us, but I have to admit that drowingNIL had the name first.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
        Good luck scorpion & drowning. Be on time, keep it monosyllabic, and you'll be fine!!!
        thanks for your help joe
        Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
        Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
        Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Ha sorry so many of us are "drowning"

OK ...I did it. Had the 341 today. It wasn't a breeze like many are. It lasted over 15 minutes for us. We were asked the standard questions and he kept looking at the computer screen (at what I'd love to know) and asked us about a couple things on our tax returns - which he also kept flipping through. I honestly dont even know specifically what took so long lol it just did. He asked about selling our house and what I thought we could get for it. HOw I valued it, where we work, if my husband agreed with the answers I gave, and more. I will probably remember more of the questions later when my brain has time to relax. My heart was pounding out of my chest during those long 15 minutes. He chose to ask ME the questions. Not sure why me and not my husband. Maybe I looked like a scared rabbit and he thought I would crack. But it was a good thing actually because I knew the house values and the numbers that my husband doesn't really remember so well.

There were several people called before us and I got the impression this guy was a toughie from the all business no nonsense no friendly demeanor. He was really digging for assets. I know it's their job, but he was intimidating and almost nasty. One person got dismissed and their case continued due to not having something paperwork wise he needed. I felt bad for that guy. Then he snapped at another to wait until he finishes the questions to answer. At least we saw several meetings before our turn so we were ready and knew the guy's game and I think we did fine. (knock on wood) The room was pretty crowded when we left.

Overall it was very stressful and not something I'd ever want to repeat but hopefully we get a discharge and it will be worth the 15 minutes of shame. Yes, sorry but I felt very ashamed during this thing.

Good luck to everybody else having theirs soon.

Comment

Congrats drowning! I know what you mean about shame. When I went for mine, people stretched their necks as far over the table as possible and gave their answers in a voice just a bit louder than a whisper. LOL. I didn't care. My answers were loud and short. Yes, no, no, yes, yes. . . . I was done in 45 seconds - tops.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Congrats drowning! I know what you mean about shame. When I went for mine, people stretched their necks as far over the table as possible and gave their answers in a voice just a bit louder than a whisper. LOL. I didn't care. My answers were loud and short. Yes, no, no, yes, yes. . . . I was done in 45 seconds - tops.
              WOW 45 seconds!! I don't know if it was our particular tt or our situation, but looking back I think he took about 10 minutes with the folks ahead of us, too. He was very interested in hunting out the assets. I didn't see him find any though LOL.

Yah, I don't mean to offend anybody or make anyone feel ike they SHOULD be ashamed. I just felt it. I never thought in my life I would be in this situation and sitting there waiting our turn was such a surreal event in my life. I almost broke down and cried. It was tough. I don't even feel relief yet. Still waiting for that to come.

Question
              - Now that my head is a little back together - our attorney said we could be discharged in a week or two. ??? How can that happen? Our date printed on our 341 meeting info sheet was 60 days from the 341. I thought creditors have that much time to file a complaint or whatever. If we can be discharged sooner I will gladly take it. Maybe the relief woudl come!!

Comment

@drowningNIL. The trustee has 10 days to object (about 2 weeks), but the creditors have 60. Maybe your attorney got a little mixed up. Don't worry, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

D-day is today
                  wish me luck
                  i'll report later

Comment

Good luck scorpion.
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Hang in there, you'll do great!

Comment

My attorney got a "no seat belt" ticket on the way to my 341, but he was still there before me. I wasn't late. I got there a half hour before my appointed time of 10 AM, but didn't get called until about 11:25. I couldn't believe that while driving on the highway, the cop spotted that my attorney wasn't wearing a seatbelt!
                        well...at least his zipper was up when he got there...right...LOL!!!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
                          this week i am going to my 341.
                          should i be nervous?
                          what to expect?
                          i'll let u guys know how it went

thanks
                          good luck scorpion...you will do just fine! you have been on the forum long enough to know we'll all here for you!!

and you too drowning...best of luck to you as well!
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            well...at least his zipper was up when he got there...right...LOL!!!

Tobee!!! Glad to have you back!!! Funny, I read the post before I saw your name and thought it was you! LOL!

Comment

ok just got back from my 341
                              trustee sworn me in
                              asked for SS card and DL
                              glanced a my bank account statements
                              trustee asked the usual questions
                              and said meeting is over
                              was there for less than 5 minutes
                              now the wait begins

thanks to all of u who helped me out
                              and good luck

Comment

Sounds like it went smooth. Congrats scorpion. Be sure to let us know when you get your report of no distribution.
                                Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                                AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X