top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question about how to count income...please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question about how to count income...please help.

Am I doing this right?

I took all of the gross income we have rec'd in the past six months, April-September, and entered this into a spread sheet based on the pay date as listed on the check stub. Our income includes my husband’s income, my severance pay and my weekly unemployment pay.

With the severance pay we are significantly over the median income to qualify for a Chapter 7 at this time. The severance payments stopped in mid-August, so we plan to file in mid-February, which would give us six months of income w/out the severance, which puts us right at the median or over by a few thousand.

When I completed the mean's test (without the severance) it showed that we had negative disposable income.

So...am I on the right track with calculating this correctly? I am confused because our attorney said they count the 180 days of income prior to the filing date. Does that mean 180 days EXACTLY (so we can pick the cutoff date just after the last severance payment in August?) or is it by the month (IE we have to start counting our pay for the month of September, since that was the first month without a severance pay.)

I hope this is clear to everyone... thanks for your input.

The written word is the previous six months, so if you filed Oct. 30th, they'd count income from April-September. However, you still have to furnish paystubs and bank account information up to and including your filing date.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks so much ccsjoe.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X