Had my 341 hearing this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 hearing this morning

No Asset Case in Eastern District of MI. I was a little nervous but it seemed to go smoothly. I prepared to be asked some of the questions that were mentioned here, but it seemed like everyones case was different and the questions were more personal rather than preplanned.

He had a mild sense of humor, really the only question he asked me was "can you provide me with some cancelled checks to back up a loan from your father so I dont have to ruin your family thanksgiving." I said yes, and he said fax them to me by next friday and we'll be all set.

Off topic--I was a little annoyed my attorney sent one of his sub-attorneys or whatever you'd call it...but in the end I actually liked him better.

Glad its over.

Congratulations on your 341.

Please don't be annoyed with your attorney for sending a 'stand-in'. That is a fairly standard practice. Our attorney was 60+ miles away in the wrong direction from the location of our 341, so it made perfect sense that she would have a colleague that was local to the situation, attend with us. And our attorney told us she would be sending a stand-in. My problem with the situation was that we had no idea who it was, until the trustee called our names, and a third person arose from the audience and joined us at the table. And like you, we ended up liking him better than our attorney.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats on a successful 341 namartin!

Alls well that ends well

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

Congratulations!! I hope you are feeling a little less stressed. I know after mine, I felt 100% better. Good luck with the rest of your BK.

Comment

Congrats and enjoy your new beginning!
          Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

I have been told by multiple folks that the trustees in Eastern District of MI seem to take a personal interest and ask personal questions. We will be having our 341 in December same district and I hope ours goes as smoothly. We are a No Asset Case as well.

Good Luck on your fresh start

Originally posted by namartin3 View Post
            No Asset Case in Eastern District of MI. I was a little nervous but it seemed to go smoothly. I prepared to be asked some of the questions that were mentioned here, but it seemed like everyones case was different and the questions were more personal rather than preplanned.

He had a mild sense of humor, really the only question he asked me was "can you provide me with some cancelled checks to back up a loan from your father so I dont have to ruin your family thanksgiving." I said yes, and he said fax them to me by next friday and we'll be all set.

Off topic--I was a little annoyed my attorney sent one of his sub-attorneys or whatever you'd call it...but in the end I actually liked him better.

Glad its over.
            Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

I will be filing in the Eastern District of Michigan also, can you give some examples of the personal questions they asked?

Congratulations on making it through ok.

Comment

Congratulations!! Could you tell us some of the other questions you might've been asked or overhead regarding others there.

What exactly is 'no assests?' I've picked up from consultations that I'm 'low assets' which is good, I guess, and easier since I have nothing much they'd be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by namartin3 View Post

Glad its over.
                  congrats!!! way to funny for a trustee about the thanksgiving joke........way bad that your atty sent someone else...they'd get a piece of my mind for certain!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I can relate to you as my attorney sent a paralegal that in my opinion wasn't very prepared for answering the judges questions for one of her clients. She gave me the docs I needed and answered my questions, but I felt like she wasn't prepared and able to help one of her clients who was sinking faster than a sub with a thousand bullet holes in it.

My 341 was really easy.

My lawyer and his staff actually told me to let them do their jobs and to relax. After reading this board, I was becomming way too anal with my questions and suggestions. This board prepares you for any potential situation that may arise but also made me a little too paranoid as well. The whole process was a lot easier than I thought. Without a lawyer it would have been a much bigger nightmare.

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                    Congratulations on your 341.

Please don't be annoyed with your attorney for sending a 'stand-in'. That is a fairly standard practice. Our attorney was 60+ miles away in the wrong direction from the location of our 341, so it made perfect sense that she would have a colleague that was local to the situation, attend with us. And our attorney told us she would be sending a stand-in. My problem with the situation was that we had no idea who it was, until the trustee called our names, and a third person arose from the audience and joined us at the table. And like you, we ended up liking him better than our attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by allgoingwron View Post
                      I will be filing in the Eastern District of Michigan also, can you give some examples of the personal questions they asked?

Congratulations on making it through ok.
                      They wern't personal as in "how sick is your grandmother" personal. It was just obvious he had looked closely at everyones cases and only asked specific questions appropriate for that case. He didnt really ask standard yes or no questions, he seemed to ask open questions that required a real answer. I did notice he took more time with people who lost their spouse or went through a divorce. One random example was, someone was keeping a corvette and recently sold a chevelle. The trustee reminisced a bit about his old cars and asked if he got a fair price for the chevelle with this economy and if he enjoyed restoring the vette. Sorry, I dont remember too many questions honestly. Once I realized the questions he was asking probably wouldnt be asked to us, I kinda stopped paying attention.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X