OK to accept a job offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK to accept a job offer?

Our BK was filed 10-20-10. 341 hearing is 11-29. I have 2nd round of interviews for a job next week. If I get an offer, it will come before the 341 hearing. Will it be a problem if I accept the job?
    We qualified under the Florida means test of income...husband unemployed and me only working part time per diem so we were way under the $52,000 annual income for 2 person household.

I've been looking for FT work since getting laid off in May 2007!! Over 3 years. Now that I may have an opportunity, I can't imagine the BK court would want me to pass on this! And this job won't make a dent in the debt we got into...we'd still be upside down on everything.

I am thinking that as long as the offer is less than $52,000 we'll be ok.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

ms. oscar

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Our BK was filed 10-20-10. 341 hearing is 11-29. I have 2nd round of interviews for a job next week. If I get an offer, it will come before the 341 hearing. Will it be a problem if I accept the job?
    We qualified under the Florida means test of income...husband unemployed and me only working part time per diem so we were way under the $52,000 annual income for 2 person household.

I've been looking for FT work since getting laid off in May 2007!! Over 3 years. Now that I may have an opportunity, I can't imagine the BK court would want me to pass on this! And this job won't make a dent in the debt we got into...we'd still be upside down on everything.

I am thinking that as long as the offer is less than $52,000 we'll be ok.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

ms. oscar
    It is ok to accept the job. If the trustee asks you at your 341 if your job situation changes, just be honest.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Hi Ms Oscar,

You didn't plan the BK around the job, you don't know for certain you will get a job, so there is no fraud or bad faith involved.

Just like backtoschool said, just be honest and you should be OK

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

That statement is so true, I recently had 3 interviews and was told I would hear by the end of Sept. and when that came and went and I inquired about the opportunity, I was told that a decision is hopeful by the end of November.

Originally posted by tcreegan View Post
        Hi Ms Oscar,

You didn't plan the BK around the job, you don't know for certain you will get a job, so there is no fraud or bad faith involved.

Just like backtoschool said, just be honest and you should be OK

Tom in Colo
        Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X