payments made within 90 days???? Utility company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payments made within 90 days???? Utility company

ok, I am on Statement of Financial Affairs now.

Maybe i messed up, but Xcel Energy was not listed as a creditor, as I owe them nothing as of today. Just paid the bill in full.

1) Was I supposed to list them on schedule F? along with all my other up to date current utility bills?

i have made payments to them over $600 in the last 90 days

Are they a "creditor"?

do I go back and list them on F and then list them on Statement of Financial Affairs too?
    Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

ok.....it's going to be ok....but yes...i listed my utility on sch f although i owned them nothing at the time..once again better to be safe than sorry. i don't know the answer as far as submitting some in handwritten form as opposed to the online forms...jb hopefully will be back on to assist you....i did not file pro se...i'm sure someone will chime in.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi DZ,

We did not list any utilities that we were currently using, gas, water, electric, storm water, trash, cell phone, cable/internet
      Didn't list them anywhere, just had latest bills in case questioned about expenses, didn't need them

Listing a utility you plan to keep using is not good, they often want a deposit after they get the BK notice.

We did list Verizion and Qwest b/c we were not current and owed several months on them. And we knew we were not going to be using them again.

Hope this helps,

Tom in Colo
      Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

OK, i only listed XCEL energy on the forms, as that one I had to list as a creditor I paid $600 or more from lately.

so they show up on E with a balance owed of ZERO, then again on my Statement of Finanical affairs as a creditor on E that I paid lately.

but they were NOT on my creditors matrix, so should NOT get a notice right?
        Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

You only have to list payments over $600 within 90 days to unsecured creditors. Utility companies are services & goods provided, not unsecured creditors. Don't even stress about listing them.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

but they were NOT on my creditors matrix, so should NOT get a notice right?

Yup, thats the way it is supposed to work unless they filed a "Request for Notice" Then they would get a notice, but you would have noticed their request for notice...say that 3 times fast!!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

One common mistake - utilities sometimes charge you a big deposit to turn on the lights, gas, or water. If these are still hanging out there (most utilities return them to you after a year or two of on-time payments) you may be asked about them. As I recall - hey, it's midnight here - there may be a spot on the paperwork to note these unreturned deposits if they total a certain amount. I was asked about them in my 341, even though I had none at all.

Other than that, payments to utilities are not an issue unless you have obviously paid a big amount in advance before you actually owed them. Trustees differ, but paying next month's bills this month before filing CH 7 seems to be sound financial practice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X